Making a comfortable ride

John_odie

Registered
So I sold my old zx14 and bought an 07 Busa. I'll make a new thread later with picture and details...

Took it on a 1700 mile round trip from Louisiana to the "Dragon's Tail" in North Carolina in a period of 4 days.

Long story short, it was the most Uncomfortable ride ever. I had intense neck and shoulder pain after 45 minutes of riding. I just kept Moving positions to try and get comfy and I couldn't get rid of the pain.

How can I make my Busa more comfy? Would bar risers make that much of a difference?

Dude, you need riders and buell pegs!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Risers, buell pegs, new image seat. Those 14's,are comfy, ill attest to that.

Droid via Tapatalk

also, take frequent shorter rides and build up to the big ones...you are using muscles that aren't accustomed to the position they are being forced into...after putting a few thousand miles on and tuning up your body, it doesn't hurt anymore :beerchug:

I moved up from a ZRX1200- I know what you are describing. I have an 08 & the first thing I ordered was LSL Handlebar kit. Bike still handles great & is totally transformed! You will want a Double Bubble windshield too.

Soupy's risers are the cheap (but nice) way to raise your bars. Cheapest way is the ebsy riser kit for $20, but I'm not a big fan. The classiest and best way is to get a set of Helibars. but a little spendy. Worth it if you're keeping the bike.

Suzuki Touring Windscreen is available from Oneida Suzuki for like $40.

Funny to hear you complain, because the big Busa is generally considered one of the most comfortable sport bikes out there. It's common for me to trade rides with one of my sportbike buddies after they are cramping up on a three hour ride with me.

Strange. I came from a ZRX1200 too, that thing was a torture device compared to my Busa. 100 miles on the Rex and my lower back would be killing me.
Rode the Busa to Indy a coupla years ago, lower back started getting a bit sore after 350 miles or so, and was ready to get off of it when I got to the motel after 440 miles of slab. Coming back, for some reason my right shoulder was bothering me for the last 150 miles, but no problems with my back at all. And no problem with my wrists either way.
I'm 6'2" and 53 years old, Busa is the most comfortable bike I've ever had. If a 14 is that much more comfortable I'd almost be afraid of falling asleep on one.:laugh:

Bar risers, heli bars, buell pegs, and modified seat will do the trick.

being 6'4" and handsome I full understand your comments. I have the following:

-lower pegs (buell or twisted throttle) not only are more comfortable, but allow legs to conform to tank better
-helibars are slighty higher, nearer, wider. the movement is slight, but it helps much and does NOT take away when you want to ride aggressive.
-shield, the factory one is a complete joke. there are many options here. I use the MRA vairo shield with the adjustable spoiler. I can sit upright up to almost 100mph, before anything over 60 was a windtunnel from hell.

I have stock seat, but as he just said, that's another option. these 4 things will most definitely help, to what degree will be up to you cptn odie...

Twotonevert- didn't know it was a common question... Good info though.

Glad to know I'm not alone. It's all right shoulder and high neck. Like a strain.

I rode my dad's Road King an hour on the way up, then he took the last 2 or 3 hours on it on the way home. I couldnt go any longer. It was unbearable.

The farthest I rode on the 14 was 5 hours at one time. I never experienced anything like this, but this was 25 hours combined. A much larger scale. I did ride 16 hours on my old vtx18. Very comfy., only "complaint" was fatigue.

Captin Cqt1414- thats exactly what I wanted to know.If I updated to buel pegs, bar risers, memory foam seat and any other uprades recomended above..would it be as confortable as a cruiser? Just trying to see if it's worth it to make my bike look like the suzuki's version of the Concorse if the ride only gets a little better. I like the Way it looks now.

I rode mine for about 10 hours everyday for a week on a Colorado trip.

I have risers, buell pegs, puig double bubble, and a tobin seat

I just went on a three hour ride with my fiance'... my mods for comfort are: bar risers and corbin seat. The New image/Tobin seat is for looks and is definitely more comfy than stock, but after about 100 miles it starts to hurt my butt being so thin of a seat.

Give the corbin a fair shot.. it took me a bit to adjust...now i love it!

So I sold my old zx14 and bought an 07 Busa. I'll make a new thread later with picture and details...

Took it on a 1700 mile round trip from Louisiana to the "Dragon's Tail" in North Carolina in a period of 4 days.

Long story short, it was the most Uncomfortable ride ever. I had intense neck and shoulder pain after 45 minutes of riding. I just kept Moving positions to try and get comfy and I couldn't get rid of the pain.

How can I make my Busa more comfy? Would bar risers make that much of a difference?
You should have did your research first :laugh: If comfort was a priority the ZX14 is well known for being way more comfy than a busa. You can get the busa better, but stock it'll kick your azz on long rides. I know, I own and ride both :thumbsup:

Just trying to see if it's worth it to make my bike look like the suzuki's version of the Concorse if the ride only gets a little better. I like the Way it looks now.[/QUOTE]

I put the cheap bar risers on mine from ebay for that reason , first to see how much difference they made before spending big bucks on something i may not like , and to see how it would look , they seemed to take the sport bike feel out of the bike, hands hit the screen on lock,didnt like the look, and didnt seem to do much for the neck either , neeedless to say they now live on the back of the bench
I would guess helibars would be the way to go ( or another 14)
Just my opinion

Take it from me..... soupy risers, Heli bars and buell peg mod was the best investment for the busa if your planning the long haul. I will be buying a corbin seat also.

also, take frequent shorter rides and build up to the big ones...you are using muscles that aren't accustomed to the position they are being forced into...after putting a few thousand miles on and tuning up your body, it doesn't hurt anymore :beerchug:

+1000

Question: Do the buell pegs get your feet/pegs in the way when canyon carving??:please:

Yes, they're an inch or more lower, they drag alot easier.
I like aftermarket adjustable rearsets better, personally I think adjusting them back is more comfortable and feels like you have a little more legroom, without moving them up which can sometimes make your legs feel cramped.

Back