Comfort

ljsimp

Registered
Hey guys I have been riding my 01 Busa for about a year now and am trying to focus some of my effort on improving the comfort. Some weekends I ride 8-10 hours and I just purchased a set of HeliBars. Before I had 1 3/4 risers and for some reason since I removed the risers and added the helibars I do not see a big difference in comfort. So what I did is cut the risers in half so I could still use my stock break lines but now I cannot find 4 bolts that are long enough online for the risers. The Bolts that came with the 1 3/4 risers are not stainless and look like crap.

Any suggestions where I can get longer bolts (part#)?

Any other ways to improve comfort?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the advice!

I purchsed the longer bolts I needed for my wifes Katana at Home Depot. You can search for a bolt company, we have a few here in town for the hard to find stuf, maybe you have something like that in your area. The reason you dont see a big difference is because the risers do the same thing as the helibars.

I want to make some risers myself, but I have yet to find the bolt length and threads. I am going to try to take a bolt out and throw a thread gage on them so I can figure it out...lol

Any other ways to improve comfort?

Thanks for the advice![/QUOTE]

Some add material to their seats,puts you further away from your pegs.

Some(like me) lower their pegs by way of aftermarket,or by doing the Buell peg mod.

RSD,

Alright brother, probably a few other tricks you'll have thrown at you, some put a sheep skin cover over the seat. I think it makes it cooler, but 8 to 10 hours of riding is rough in a car much less a sport bike. When I do that type of ride I'm usually slow getting off the bike but recover quickly ........ It's rough.

I can actually make a riser like the Genmar's for next to nothing...

Hey RSD, what kind of pegs would I need to get to machine down from the Buell? Are they off of a lightening?

I can actually make a riser like the Genmar's for next to nothing...

Hey RSD, what kind of pegs would I need to get to machine down from the Buell? Are they off of a lightening?

I'll post a pic,cant remeber exactly which model.

You dont have to machine them down either...they are plug and play.:thumbsup:

And if you can make risers for next to nothing,you should blast off a few sets and sell them cheap to your brothers and sisters here on the Org.

That what I would do. *hint* *hint* :whistle:

RSD.

I purchased a corbin seat this year and its awesome on comfort for the back side,so far ive done a few rides just over 2 hours without stopping and no having to keep resetting my butt in the seat,a little pricy but very comfortable...

CyclePirates.com - SuzukiGSX1300R

Way better than the slick surfaced buell peg mod

Also, try both the riser and the helibars. All Lamb had to change was the "choke" cable. The lines for the throttle side are plenty long. Just a small area of the windscreen has to be re-engineered for fitment. Big difference in comfort

Back