Making a comfortable ride

Can we get a pic of those together on your bike???? :poke:

Here it is.

You can see the bolt that held the throttle cable bracket on the frame too, notice the bracket is gone. It needed to be removed for enough slack in the throttle cables. There are no other cable or clearance issues anywhere either.

SDC11033.jpg

- Longer pegs by Buell or Vario
- Genmar .75 riser
- Helibars
- MRA vario screen
- Audiovox Cruise Control
- Corbin seat
- Touring grips

I ride 120 miles round trip to work every day and the bike is a completely different animal than it was when I first got on it.

Helibars, Corbin seat and Puig d/b windscreen are the only things I've done and made a huge difference.

You might want to try the shorter rides, build up plan. I put 1500 miles on mine this past week and had no complaints, but I'm an old broke down fart that has a wife that likes to lay on my back as we ride, but that's me :laugh:

Helibars and a 1 inch riser.

DSC04242.jpg

Lowering the pegs makes a BIG difference also.

I use the Buell pegs.

With all these mods, my Bus is as comfortable as my (previous) ZX14.

That helibar/riser thread mentioned above is mine. I also have the Buell peg mod. When I first got my Busa, I could not ride it more than about 20 minutes at a pop because I was just not used to the riding position; my wrists and back would hurt so bad I had to get off after a short ride. Two things helped:

1. The Riser/Helibar/Buell Peg Mods make a lot of difference in riding position, and they sure help on long hauls. Busa's are really not made for slabbing - if that's what you wanted, you bought the wrong bike. Being able to move around on the bike helps. Also look at your seating position; sitting up closer to the tank and using your stomach/legs to hold you up, instead of sitting back and laying on your arms for long periods of time also helps.

2. Seat time: Believe it or not, seat time gave my muscles time to adjust and strengthen where they needed to in order to accomodate the ride. Yours will too. It will be painful for awhile, but after 6 months or so I could ride pretty much a tankful. Now, I don't slab; a twisty road keeps me moving around so I don't have time for fatigue to set in.

Again, don't try a iron butt the week after you buy the bike; your body is not ready and needs time to adjust. But, the busa will NEVER give you comfort like a cruiser - if that's what you want then sell now. Good luck.

Here is mine w/LSL Superbike Handlebar kit installed. All better now, & real bikes have handlebars :banana:

You can see buy the 2nd picture where the stock clip-ons would be- about 1.5" above the black plastic, by the dents on the front of tank.

CIMG2136.jpg

CIMG2137.jpg

Yes, they're an inch or more lower, they drag alot easier.
I like aftermarket adjustable rearsets better, personally I think adjusting them back is more comfortable and feels like you have a little more legroom, without moving them up which can sometimes make your legs feel cramped.

Have you measured the complete stock peg versus the Buell peg installed?

Have you measured the complete stock peg versus the Buell peg installed?

No, but there's a comparison picture of them on here somewhere showing the difference. I'll look for it. I guy I used to ride with had the Vario pegs(I think that's the brand), and they were noticeably an inch or more lower.
The rubber on top of the stock pegs does make a difference too.

Here is mine w/LSL Superbike Handlebar kit installed. All better now, & real bikes have handlebars :banana:

You can see buy the 2nd picture where the stock clip-ons would be- about 1.5" above the black plastic, by the dents on the front of tank.

I really like those bars, I'm waiting to see what they feel like before I buy them though. What kind of grips are those?

I really like those bars, I'm waiting to see what they feel like before I buy them though. What kind of grips are those?

ProGrip 714's---about $8-$9. They heat up real nice on cold days w/Dualstar heated grip kit under em too. They have a slightly bigger diameter = easy on the hands.

I have the buell peg mod and from what I can tell they are just about the same distance from the ground as the stock pegs. The difference is in the fact that they don't have an inch of rubber and they angle back an inch or so.

Thanks for the pics, Bluto.

Sometimes when I've had enough of the forward lean I wonder about the LSL kit....but I'm torn.....the Bus looks so good with the stock bars.....

I'm sure the LSL kit would be wonderfully comfortable, but I just can't bring myself to do it....

Do you like it?

Back