Comfortable riding

Well for me it's been the least comfortable bike I ever had. But that could be explain by the following: I use to ride a lot, I mean I would easily do 200 miles a day. Ride to school, ride back home for lunch, ride back to school, ride home for dinner, go for a quick spin before dinner, study, go for a quick spin before going to bed. Note that study was often replaced by: go meet some friends at the bar, go to girlfriend's place, go see a movie etc... I was in great physical shape. I used to work part time (full time during summer) as a mover. Then I finished school, moved from Montreal to NYC and started working and left the 2 gixxers that you see in my sig in Montreal. After working for a year, I sold the gixxers and bought the busa. Didn't ride for a year. Bought the bike in Montreal, drove from NYC to Mtl and picked up the BUSA. Drove it in the rain for 7 hours, I mean serious rain, at a point that cars were pulling on the shoulder to wait until it clears. Anyway, got home safe and the following days my legs were hurting, specially the inseam since the seat is much wider then my old gixxer. Wrist were also hurting. I blamed that on the extreme weather condition and the lack of riding in the past year. (that was 3 years ago).
Now I ride more often: about once a week I take her out for a 2-4 hr ride andI still don't feel comfortable on long rides. Maybe because I am getting old or because all my joints are fugged up from working in a moving company for 7 years
mad.gif

I would probably need to try other bikes to know the exact reason.
Take it for what it's worth, but everyone is different.

my .02 cents

smile.gif

Back