Whats the Best way to improve Gen 2 comfort ???/

I have attached a few pictures with my LSL kit. If you go to the "Busa Stamped" video you can see me toward the end of the group, sitting almost upright.

lsl behind.jpg

lsl.jpg

Side View.jpg

I also have the heli bars and china made lowered pegs with stock seat and stock windsreen and at 6 foot 1 I am fine on it for couple of hours at a time no one mentioned the foem grip covers that go over your stock grips that has for me made the biggest differance for comfort wise for my hands and they raise you up a bit to :thumbsup:

I plan to tour extensively one of these days, so I plan to do a custom Busa for that...unless the Gen3 comes out in a touring model option version...just cannot do the whole USA with less power. I plan to steal ideas from Pashnit & employ some Strom basic geometry. Wife prolly won't think I need 5 motorcycles.....but I like purpose built set-ups. If it is ugly.....I won't see it from the saddle. Plus I can show chicks pics of my 08.... @ 6'2" I can get a little cramped in 600 miles...on the Busa

I also have the heli bars and china made lowered pegs with stock seat and stock windsreen and at 6 foot 1 I am fine on it for couple of hours at a time no one mentioned the foem grip covers that go over your stock grips that has for me made the biggest differance for comfort wise for my hands and they raise you up a bit to :thumbsup:

nice info on the wee foam grips...had thought lately I was holding on too tight / tensing up etc.

Buell peg mod, bar risers, double bubble screen and a gel seat.

I went from pain after 60 miles to being able to tour 450 miles in a day with just a bit of wrist and butt ache....

Just got an email back from Spiegler regarding '13 and '14 ABS models. The LSL kits do NOT fit.
"At this time we do not have a confirmed listing for anything past the 2012 NON ABS model. If your bike is ABS - we know for sure it will not work as supplied."

Well, darn. Was going to order one. I wonder if it's an issue of the brake lines that they supply with the kit being the wrong length or something? Every thing else is the same on the bikes, I believe.

And on my follow up to see what is needed to make them work or if they're developing a kit for the ABS model, "We do not know what would be required to make it work on the ABS versions.* We import the kits from Germany.* They have notgiven us any info on if they will produce a kit or not for that bike."

Maybe I'll order one for an '11 and just order longer brake lines from somewhere else, add 5-7" to what my stock lines are? Hmm.

I have a gen 1 Busa and my brake and clutch lines are only 3" longer. I would check with Spiegler and see what the recommend for the gen 2 Busa as far as length goes.

Thanks, Bandit! I sent them an email this afternoon, but I'm in Alaska, so it they'd probably all taken off for the day. Hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow and maybe they'll cut me a deal for being a guinea pig!

As a related note, does anyone know where I can get schematics/specifics for the ABS system (i.e. length of hoses etc). Thanks in advance!

There is a company making extended abs lines for the abs models. They were for the rear, for extended swingarms.
I would think that front's are coming, if not already available.
Sorry that I don't remember their name, but there's a post here in the last couple months.

Back