Anybody checked out the new Bimmer 1000RR?

CWCobra

Registered
Supposed to be 193 hp or so, in only 450 lbs.
Wonder how it would compare the my '07 'Busa as far as performance and comfort. I find the 'Busa to be very comfortable, what with Heli-Bars, Genmar risers, Buell pegs, and Tobin seat. And the 'Busa is the fastest vehicle of any kind I have ever driven! I'll never be a knee dragger, but I do enjoy "spirited" riding from time to time!

Anyhow, the BMW ads have caught my interest. Thoughts anyone?

CW

I thought it was more in the 160-170 hp range. BMW is going after the litre class market hard, The bike is suppose to be less than $14k I hear

There have been quite a few posts about this bike. Especially the beginning of the year when word was spreading fast about it's release. Personally I think it's a major contender in the liter class sportbike realm. Especially if they can manage to get it off the showroom floor at the price they've suggested they will. It's really not comparable to the Busa....but then ....what is? hehehe

Because they're going to ask....:laugh:

image.php.jpeg

bmw-s-1000-rr.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was more in the 160-170 hp range. BMW is going after the litre class market hard, The bike is suppose to be less than $14k I hear

HP claim is probably a crank figure. Will probably be right up there with the other liter bike rear wheel figures.

I am in lust over the thing... but it is not a busa... this is supposed to be a shot across the bow of the race ready liter bikes and I bet it works... Traction control and ABS on a bike under 15G..

Not going to be the comfy highway cruiser the Busa is but I bet the R1/Gixxer boys notice this thing... am hoping to get to ride one..

I am in lust over the thing... but it is not a busa... this is supposed to be a shot across the bow of the race ready liter bikes and I bet it works... Traction control and ABS on a bike under 15G..

Not going to be the comfy highway cruiser the Busa is but I bet the R1/Gixxer boys notice this thing... am hoping to get to ride one..

+100 on that!
No to mention, even though it's only their 1st season and they're working out the kinks. BMW is already pretty competitive w/ this machine in AMA Superbike and Troy Corser aboard it :thumbsup:

I like it, and it has the numbers to make it a Class Winner :cheerleader:

I like it so much, I would consider it before another Ducati :thumbsup: , and for me, THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING :laugh:

+100 on that!
No to mention, even though it's only their 1st season and they're working out the kinks. BMW is already pretty competitive w/ this machine in AMA Superbike and Troy Corser aboard it :thumbsup:
any links on hand? I think the engineering expertise of BMW guys? should prove very cool..

I think the tech on this bike is pretty sophisticated.

THAT...is the future of biking. The software/hardware that can put
all those ponies to the ground without spinning the tire or popping the
front end (regardless of skill) is going to have the fastest bike and
translate into big sales. The bike that a newb can get on and just twist
the heck out of it and let the computer drive the bike...and out accelerate
the veteren on an older bike...money in the bank.

My only glitch is I like bikes to be a tad more symetrical. The thing looks
like twoface...

Don't be to sure it wont smoke the Busa...we have enough trouble with an R1
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/117116-08busa-vs-07r1.html

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks really interesting to me, but the only one REALLY likely to take notice is Honda, and they will do an even better traction control system and they will end up spanking Beemer.

And nobody will even care because most of us won't pay an extra $1000 for even good antilock brakes. Seriously.

Last edited:
P.S. Don't worry about this Bimmer vs. our Busas. Look at the back seat on that thing. My wife would never get on that (or a Gixxer 1000 for that matter :)).

I know someone who has ordered one; he's a really good rider i can't wait to see him on it!

I really, really like the bike. However, it may just be me, but I find this resemblance troubling.

BMW_S1000RR_front.jpg

mrpeanut.gif

the 1000 looks a he!! of alot better than there revised k1300r. i read the numbers in "motorcyclist" a few issues ago and if there accurate, it's "hairy fast".

I can't wait to ride one. My local BMW dealer is one of the only dealers around that will let you demo ride his bikes. I'll let him ride my 'busa and he'll let me ride his 1000RR---can't wait!

It's not a Busa !!!

and another thing, I have never seen a "Hot BMW chick rally"

Just though I would throw that in... :rofl:

If the spare 13g's happened to be available in my splurge account I'd definitely pick one up. The front end may be ugly now but I have a feeling it'll grow on most people just like the rear of the gen 2's did.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back