From New Member to General....wow, the status of it all!

Trippin

Registered
Well, per zukracer I should post this here....ie:

probably would help to know more about your physical size. Lots of ways you can change up the busa for comfort. Heli's are a start, genmars are another. Different seats, different pegs/rear sets, different screens, etc etc

Tell us more about you and I'm sure folks can chime in with some helpful hints....might also want to put a new post with this into the general area with this so you get more views/answers...ya know now that you have introduced your member status...err status as a member

I am 4'and 25.5" tall, I weigh 223lbs (can you say svelt?) I like long walks on the beach and I spent 4yrs on a ship in the Navy (we used powered soap...it takes longer to pick up!)...oh wait scratch that.

I am 6' and 1.5" tall, I weigh 223#'s and was comfortable on a stock set up of a BMW1200S. After sitting on the Busa though, I was thinking of risers (genmar,heli's) and a touring screen. That should get me started. So any ideas such as manf. and or web sites to send me looking would really help. My history of motorcycles is quite extensive (after 98) and covers everything from Harley's to a MV Agusta. From 1979 to 1998 I thought Harley Davidsons were the only motorcycle.... I learned differently! Now if there was a meeting for this I would be in the front row with a cup of coffee standing up saying....Hi my name it Trippin and I am addicted to motorcycles!

And as for Peterbusa's comments:

Merry Christmas and Welcome,i installed a set of helis on my 08,what a differance,3/4 of an inch is a big deal,very comfortable .Good luck and have a good new year.

That is just leaving stuff tooooo wide open......I mean your name is peterbusa and 3/4 of an inch is a big deal....come on dude.

Anyway I look forward to meeting and riding with a bunch of you guys and or gals and joining in on some of your meetups.

Have a grand day and Happy New Year!

Trippin

Heli's are wider & a little longer than stockers with a little lift. Genmars are straight risers, they do not actually change the bar layout like the heli's but simply raise them up.

Taller riders like a mix of both from what I read, heli's seem to appeal to folks with broader shoulders. I have heli's on my bike and it made a world of difference. Genmar's might require rerouting your lines or longer lines. Heli's generally work with stock setups.

Look around for the threads on wind screens, there's many varieties with various wind flows. Touring vs double bubble, etc

Depending on your leg length, you might find some posts on buell pegs and some different rear sets. I've not had to worry with that issue @ 5'7" :whistle:

Lastly what kind of riding do you want to do? Round town, long hauls, track, etc etc

That was strange, not really sure if that was an effort to be funny

yeah, go look at the new member section, seems he's read some of the forum before posting up and caught on to some of the rouge humor around here :laugh:

Sorry guys (and gals) I guess this conversation does seem a little out there. But I brought it over from the new member section..... as requested to get a few more replys to my questions on turning a busa into a comfortable sport tourer (compared to the likes of a BMW K1200S). And yes that was an attempt at trying to be funny! Do not want to offend anyone. But yeah I guess I am out there! Anyway, still look forward to meeting a few of you and hooking up on some rides.

Trippin :whistle:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: My simple advice is to get the bike and put a few thousand miles on it before touching it.

The very best way to make that busa "Comfortable" would be to take it down to the Honda dealership and trade it in on a Goldwing.

Sports bikes are not by design made to be comfortable. Touring bikes are comfortable.

Just sayin? :dunno:

The very best way to make that busa "Comfortable" would be to take it down to the Honda dealership and trade it in on a Goldwing.

Sports bikes are not by design made to be comfortable. Touring bikes are comfortable.

Just sayin? :dunno:

So what your saying is that anyone who adds heli's or gen-mars or a new seat or a new windscreen should not be riding a Busa? Thanks for the assistance in my pursuit of a semi-comfortable sport-tourer. I greatly appreciate the time you took in understanding my needs and offering your insight...!

dadofthree
Re: From New Member to General....wow, the status of it all!

You owe me I don't normally welcome folks twice

dadotthree... I would be more than happy to owe you sir.... or even offer to purchase an adult beverage when and if we get to meet (after the days riding of course).

The majority of my riding will be long day rides and long trips... if I go for lunch it usually takes me anywhere from 200-400 miles round trip. After 30+ yrs of riding I still have a stupid grin on my face.

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome and offering me some info on what to add to the bike for (some) comfort.. heheheheheh.

Trippin:laugh:

The best thing you can do for distance is add cruise control. I like the stock seat. I'll wear a pair of passed bicycle shorts under my leathers if I'm doing more than 400 miles. I do have Genmar risers, but I also had the rear of the bike up an inch. I put the bike back to stock height, but left the risers mostly because I'm lazy. Strengthening your legs and core muscles is the best mod you can do for distance riding.

Back