what to do...

willgetbusa

Registered
try to order a heli-bar today and was told that it's on back order until mid-june. there is a thread about heli vs genmar here and after reading some of the posts, i might try genmar. however, if i go w/ the 1.25" genmar, do i need new cables? i want to go with the maximun rise without changing the cables, any suggestions?

I have the 1.25 gen mars and never had to lenghten anything granted when i went and put new braided lines on i needed to ge them slightly longer

I have the 1.25 genmars and don't have longer lines. They are quite snug but will work. I should really get longer ones.
blush.gif

I have the Genmar 1 1/4" riser and I think it looks and works great. The added benefit of the Genmar is that if you ever decide to lower the bike you can do it with the Genmar design.

A couple of things to remember that may arise on both kinds. The front brake lines where too tight when the front end came up for my taste. I was already considering the braided lines so did them and just added 1 1/4" to the length. Also the choke cable may be a little tight but can be rerouted quite easily if need be.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084990839 -->

Back