Genmar 1.25" AND Heli bars

CWCobra

Registered
Just went for a spin to try out my recently installed combination of Heli bars and Genmar 1.25" riser. I re-routed the fast-idle cable, and everything else seems fine. I have a Zero Gravity double bubble, and the only contact is that the fairing bracket (not the shield) contacts with brake lever bracket (turning to extreme left) and clutch lever bracket (turning to extreme right). Levers themselves do not touch, nor do clutch or brake fluid reservoirs. Nothing touches the shield. I loosened cables from the under-cowling zip-tie, and braking and throttle action appears unaffected. There may or may not be added tension on front brake line should front suspension reach its outer-most limit, but I do not think so.

All in all I am very happy, and my old back will certainly appreciate the improved angle in the miles to come.

Peace and goodwill to all, and may all your rides end safey,

CW

I have the same setup on my 03. I STRONGLY (!!!) suggest you jack up the bike and see how much tension is on the stock brake lines when the forks are fully extended. I went with +1.5" brake lines and have no problems. :beerchug:

I have the same setup on my 03. I STRONGLY (!!!) suggest you jack up the bike and see how much tension is on the stock brake lines when the forks are fully extended. I went with +1.5" brake lines and have no problems. :beerchug:

+1, You don't want to find out after going over a hill bump fast!

Good advice! I'll do just that, Thanks.
I should add that I moved the front brake line clamp 1" lower on the line - which "should" give me 1" more range when the suspension unloads than I had before re-clamping. Still a good idea to jack it up and verify, tho.
rather be safe, as they say.

CW

Back