GenMars vs. Heli Bars:

MeatGrinder

Registered
I had the 3/4" GenMar riser with Heli Bars on my '02 SE. On my new '03 I went with the 1 1/4" GenMar, no Heli. To me the thicker GenMar alone is WAY more comfortable than the Heli Bars. It must be the angle of grips.

I have the same... 1.25" genmars and I LOVE them... very comfy

i'm considering both of these items for my comfort level on my bike.  i stand at 5'10" and have a corbin seat.  would you prefer the helis over the genmars if cost was not a factor?

heli's are wider than normal bars. If you like the width go with the risers.

I have the same... 1.25" genmars and I LOVE them...  very comfy
do you use the stock cables with the 1.25 inch gen?
No... I don't think so; not unless you are going to lower the bike at the same time.

I have the 1" risers and my choke cable was a little too short for the 1"... Doubt the 1.25" will fit unless you lower the bike or buy longer cables.

My steel-breaded brake lines are also short and I will have to have longer ones made unless I lower the bike.

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084931737 -->

No... I don't think so; not unless you are going to lower the bike at the same time.

I have the 1" risers and my choke cable was a little too short for the 1"... Doubt the 1.25" will fit unless you lower the bike or buy longer cables.

My steel-breaded brake lines are also short and I will have to have longer ones made unless I lower the bike.
thanks cloud,

i guess i'll just wait for the heli.

yeah I did... I lowered the front of my bike 1.25" though.

still the clutch hose is real snug. I should really get some different lines.
blush.gif

Back