fuel mileage, how to improve...

I noticed today that my temp guage drops just a "Smig"(SMIG is a very technical term in Advance Measurements
laugh.gif
) when doing 75 mph up ! Hummmmmm
wink.gif
, Air must start to really flow well at that speed
biggrin.gif

LETS SEE HMF CARBON FIBERS FULL SYS AND POWER COMMANDER 16/42 @ 250LBS AND IM A LITTLE HEAVY HANDED MOST OF THE TIME AND I STAY RIGHT AROUND 30 MPG....IVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN 50MPG. BUT IGET WHERE IM GOIN SO FAST! LOL

(DaCol. @ Jul. 11 2007,16:43) I noticed today that my temp guage drops just a "Smig"(SMIG is a very technical term in Advance Measurements
laugh.gif
) when doing 75 mph up ! Hummmmmm
wink.gif
, Air must start to really flow well at that speed
biggrin.gif
That's what I told the cop...
laugh.gif

Air gets expensive at that velocity.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

With stock cans I`ve seen 50 MPG steady. As soon I installed slipons it dropped to 42MPG.
After PCIII and some mapping she is back to 50 MPG. I`m talking highway speed.
250LB and 120 LB passenger.

It's not the speed necessarily, it's the wind resistance. Stay tucked. See what happens.

My best ever was 47 mpg but I don't recall that I did anything special to get that.

--Wag--

(Shibumi @ Jul. 11 2007,18:43) Every tank, mix of twisties/town/highway average 40-41 mpg.
+1, except I'm a little lower at 39.5

I can get almost 50 by staying under 4k in 6th on stock gearing. Seems to go down in any gear after 4k.

I just drove 750 miles 2 weekends ago on the highway and I played around with trying to get the best mpg. I was averaging about 47 for the whole trip. I had a few fast accelerations but kept it in 6th around 80-90 the whole way. 4,000 to 5,000 rpms is the best. Below and above it starts to drop. Mine is stock 06. 87 octane gas. Sounds like most people are finding this to be true.

I ran from Chattanooga to Knoxville last summer with one stop and got 50mpg running between 80 and 90 mph. This past weekend we rode to Bryson City with some of our Harley friends, we just cruised along with them, and got 50 mpg. Last summer the bike was totally stock and now I have Yosh bolt-ons. just my 2 cents.
smile.gif

I usually run up the interstate towards Knoxville and with my 16/42 gears I'm around the mid 30's. However, it's a little too much gear for me for interstate riding so I put a new 17 on the front... now running 17/42 and about the 40ish range. Running a PC and Brock Gen III, small box etc..

Back