two more issues......for now...

willgetbusa

Registered
took the bus out for a spin today and noticed that the rpm is a little high compare to yesterday. the rpm was at 3500 at 80 mph on 6th gear yesterday. today, the rpm was at 4200 at 80mph on 6th gear. 6th gear felt like 5th gear today, i can hear and feel the engine screaming higher. however, at idle, the rpm was the same as yesterday, about 1100 rpm. note: the higher rpm seemed to happen right after the low fuel light came on but after i fuel up the rpm still sound and feel high.

second issue, the temp. also seem to climb a little higher today. the temp. needle was at the halfway mark compare to it being 3/4 of the way to the halfway mark yesterday. note: today was about 10 degrees hotter than yesterday.

here are the questions: what should the rpm be at idle, freeway speeds at 4th, 5th & 6th gears, etc.? is the temp. needle being at the halfway mark too hot for the bus on a 80 degree day? as usual, any help or advise from the great members of this forum would be appreciated. i'm still waiting for my owner's manual, so hopefully that will help me answer some of the questions. thanks again bus club!

First the service manual is on this site download it. When I am going about 80 in sixth gear I'm right around 4k rpms. 3500 seems a little low for doing 80 try it again and see where it is at. My bike runs a little under half on the temp when riding at normal pace but goes to half or a little over in traffic or a warmer day.

First the service manual is on this site download it. When I am going about 80 in sixth gear I'm right around 4k rpms. 3500 seems a little low for doing 80 try it again and see where it is at. My bike runs a little under half on the temp when riding at normal pace but goes to half or a little over in traffic or a warmer day.
thanks for the feedback, i did download the manual on this site but i can't seem to open it. however, i got my owner's manual today from suzuki and it answered a lot of my questions.

Back