Making a comfortable ride

No, but there's a comparison picture of them on here somewhere showing the difference. I'll look for it. I guy I used to ride with had the Vario pegs(I think that's the brand), and they were noticeably an inch or more lower.
The rubber on top of the stock pegs does make a difference too.

I have the Vario pegs from Twisted Throttle in black and love them. I can rotate them to a different angle if I like. You can get them in various lengths.

TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Suzuki DL650/DL1000 V-Strom, GSX-R600/GSX-R750 08-, GSX-R1000 05-, GSF1250 Bandit, Hayabusa 99-09, & B-King) - MFW.051.06.11.30

10844-425x350.jpg

How can I make my Busa more comfy? Would bar risers make that much of a difference?

Go right for the jugular and get the LSL bar kit is my vote. Get a great big handlefull of busa that way - Freddie Spencer style. :thumbsup:

The difference in those verses risers w/ helibars is kinda like holding a 12 inch ruler on each end verses same with a yardstick . Greatly helps the neck in looking left and right at stops and moving around in the drive way, and that crazy repli-racer bar angle that kills the palms of the hands is gone from the equation.

I bought the kit with Superbike Low bars . Still a ways down there for the long armed rider and perfect for even---endurance racing :thumbsup:

For me, Genmar19mm risers and Helibars was a bandaid - I found myself a permanent solution for equal or perhaps less money. Buying a new braided clutch line cleans it all up nicely around the top-plate area .

The kit came w/new top triple, LSL handlebars, clamps & bolts, new braided clutch & ft.brake lines. All electrical wires & throttle cables are re-routed or moved stock ones. The windscreen needs about an inch trimmed off ea. side- nobody ever notices unless I point it out. Cost was under $500 from Moto World Online- a Russian guy in New York, (Speigler reccommended him) He shipped fast too.

If you consider what a clutch line & all 3 brake lines would cost (Speigler-braided lines too) It is a great deal. And you get a huge brake upgrade at the same time.

Thanks! A big concern I have had is that the sides of a large tank bag wold hit the bars if you had to make a sharp turn and that the bag would have to be moved back to clear the triples.

Back