Lost My Best Friend Today

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you for putting your own feelings aside and ending his suffering. That was a selfless act and the right thing to do.

RIP Axel

So sorry for your loss. It's been 3 years since my Wallace (Collie/St Bernard mix) 16 passed away and I MISS him everyday!!! RIP Axel!

Sorry to hear this news. I have pets and dread the day when their time comes. They are just such a part of the family. I do not know how you must hurt, but do realize it must be a great sorrow you now endure. Just hang in there and realize that in the grand scheme, in the big picture, Axel suffers no more.
R.I.P. Axel

Very sorry to hear. I had to have one of my best dogs ever put to sleep Labor Day weekend of the year I got to do the Ephrata ride with a bunch of folks here (2007 I think). I got the call that she was sick WHILE out with the Busa crew. She hadn't even been sick (congestive heart failure). They are family, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have an old friend too (13). And he has been with me threw 2 devorces and when he leaves it will kill me. My deepest condolences.

A true bummer and I dont know many who have not been thru same.
I have had to let go many myself.

Throughout the yrs I have encountered only one verse that has given me comfort in times like this.
I posted it this morn on Demmym's thread .

"Farewell, Master, Yet not farewell, Where I go, ye, too, shall dwell
I am gone, before your face, A moment's time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped, Ye will wonder why ye wept. "

He is waiting for you now in paradise my friend...
Very well put, Blanca. I HATE losing pets to old age or disease. I dread the day that I have to deal with my dog Homer's time to go.

Rest In Peace, Axel...

Sorry man! It sucks when they go! Nothing like the unconditional love of a dog.

A poem for Axel,

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.

You are his life, his love, his leader.

He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." Author Unknown

Brian, I have a 6yr old German Shepard also. Brought tears to my eyes seeing your beautiful little boy who is now gone to rest. Man, I feel your pain. Every year the angst grows within me knowing that his life is so short and I will lose him eventually. I have had Begals, Labradors, Muts, and Border Collies....but by far the most interesting and intelligent dog I have ever had the pleasure of sharing time and space with is Maximus Aurelius. I am sure you feel the same about your boy...The sting of mortality is the worst and yet what is our life without these creatures who love us so deeply and trust us so completely? I am incredibly saddened by this loss..."It's the hell served up for breakfast that is hard to take as a man"..author unknown to me...Cry until you can't cry anymore...then cry some more...

Back