Broke my Heart

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
My 9 yrs olds Kitten Died yesterday morning after fighting a battle with a disease they call Bobcat Disease, They told us from the beginning that it didnt look good.

I can honestly say other than being in my daughters shoes, Theres not a whole lot worse than having to console a 9 yr old Daughter that cant stop crying because her heart is broken.

Farewell, Master, Yet not farewell, Where I go, ye, too, shall dwell
I am gone, before your face, A moment's time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped, Ye will wonder why ye wept. "
- After Death by Edwin Arnold

:down: :cry:

Awww, I'm so sorry. It's a sad fact that we have to deal with the loss of a pet at some point in our life but it's really hard for kids to grasp the life and death thing.

Give her a big hug for me!

Aww, I'm so sorry :down: It's sad, but part of life and something that all kids learn :( I still remember every pet I had as a kid and how I lost 'em. You don't forget that...

Give her some time to grieve, then take her to rescue a kitty that needs a good home; far too many of 'em at the SPCA...she'd feel good about it and learn that you don't forget the ones you lost, but you can always help a new friend :)

Sucks bro. Like va said they all learn it at one time or another, doesn't make it any easier though.

At petsmart by promenade they always have some kittys to be rescued.
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry for your loss. I've had my cat for over 17 years now.

Sorry to hear. Our 7 year old cat went missing a week ago. I think it's better for them to go missing than to see them die.

Sorry for your loss. I posted this just now in another pet loss thread, but it applies here also:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry bro...rough wekk around here...hang in there...

Sorry to hear this. This is the second post I've made tonight on someone losing a pet. Sad day. It's tough to lose a pet, they are definitely family. Hang in there.

Man, this kinda news just saddens me. And having to see your daughter go through this as well................
Just know you have my sympathies, both of you...............so very sorry for your loss.

Back