lets see everyone's pit bull

I'm one of the ignorant ones I guess. I agree that the human is probalby the cause of the breeds bad image, however, the potential remains that a 100+ pound dog of pure muscle, a questionable temperment and instinctive agressiveness is not something I will let anywhere in the vicinity of my child. No way, no time, no how....

Not to argue but I have never heard of - let alone myself seen a 100+ pound pit. If there is, somewhere along the line its been bred with a much bigger breed. They just dont get that big. Now, with my dogs, you may think that, but they just love kids.

Beautiful dogs. Its just a shame they have such a bad rep. I don't think you can blame the dogs for it though. (JMO) I love em

I'm one of the ignorant ones I guess. I agree that the human is probably the cause of the breeds bad image, however, the potential remains that a 100+ pound dog of pure muscle, a questionable temperament and instinctive aggressiveness is not something I will let anywhere in the vicinity of my child. No way, no time, no how....

Sir,

As the owner of a Pit and until last week a Rottweiler let me assure you that with a properly socialized and trained example of either there is no questionable temperament nor instinctive aggression. I have seen much more aggressive Labs, Beagles, Collies and so on. Size is not the problem with the dogs no more than the size of our bikes makes them any more or less dangerous than any other. Aj and I will gladly come to Nashville and I will lay odds after an hour you will change your mind! Unless you have an allergy to doggie tongues cause a good licking is his greatest threat!:thumbsup:

Sugar-Bear Shug for short.. 80 lbs

Sugar Bear harness.JPG

pitnotshit.gif

Sugar Bear harness.JPG

pitnotshit.gif

Sir,

As the owner of a Pit and until last week a Rottweiler let me assure you that with a properly socialized and trained example of either there is no questionable temperament nor instinctive aggression.

Bret, my only point was that a unproperly trained pit can kill a full-grown human, and certainly a child. Just can't take the chance but glad you like your dog. This has been discussed before.

Not to argue but I have never heard of - let alone myself seen a 100+ pound pit. If there is, somewhere along the line its been bred with a much bigger breed. They just dont get that big. Now, with my dogs, you may think that, but they just love kids.

Lol,there are many XXL APBT's out there&I own one. He has full ADBA papers&his bloodline can be traced back decades....Heres a link to my 100lb(and growing male,Junior)
males

Because of there fighting origins,APBT breeders have kept meticulous documentation as to whom their breeding their dogs with over the last 100 or so years

Last edited:
i think spoiled my dog, i mean i have firm hand and he is out of leash everyday all the time, i teached him not to attact cats, or dogs, he will defend him self but never attact.
He know to wait when i tell him untill green light turns on crosswalk.
Since he plays with every dog and every human he thinks is his friend, i mean when someone hit door bell he jumps and wait and look and wait. I heard from people who own pit bulls and staffords that even he is not agressive and he loves dogs and people, when time is right he can feel something bad and he will attack ?! burglar or someone who is gonna attack me he will know ?! Is that true ? i never teach him to attact or be agressive, since he is off the leash and walk free few meters ahead of me, when he do something wrong i "spank" him on ass with leash just to teach him no to eat stuff or stuff like that. I think i do right because when i saw other pit bulls which are barking on everything and wants to kill all the time and mine is just calm and dont care in most of times he listen to me and what i order he listen. But he is like my baby and becuase i dont teach him to be agressive or attact will he defend my apartment or maybe me when i need to ? or i need to teach him to attact on command ?!

thx

Well being the original creator of this thread I intended to for people to just post pics of there pits. That being said....lets see the dogs and not argue over peoples ignorance of this subject. People will always judge this breed, so it is our job as good pit bull owners to educate everyone else how good our breed is....so once again let's see everyones pit bulls
Posted via Mobile Device

I am a dog lover all the way

AND

Pits are awesome family dogs, protective, fun and loving

UNTIL

They choose not to be....

I have seen so many people tell me that their pit was the best family dog, loving, caring, protective, great with the kids... Right up to the point where it bit one of the family.... It's been shown time after time that some pits will change or bite... You may go a lifetime without ever having a pit with this problem but experience tells us that it happens...

Keith I'm with ya brother... they are fantastic dogs but when they change there isn't anything you can do about it... It's not worth the risk in my opinion..... Fear em.... yup anything that has the ability to remove my flesh or bite and me not be able to let go.... Alligators, Lions, tigers, snakes and pit bulls I have a tendancy to stay away from...

cap

Lol,there are many XXL APBT's out there&I own one. He has full ADBA papers&his bloodline can be traced back decades....Heres a link to my 100lb(and growing male,Junior)
males

Because of there fighting origins,APBT breeders have kept meticulous documentation as to whom their breeding their dogs with over the last 100 or so years

The dogs are beautiful, and the link did educate me some. The average pb is usually 40-80 lbs, so a 100+ pounder is a rarity. I have never seen one that large before your pics, or in person and I suspect that if you could trace the lineage back far enough you'd see a larger breed introduced somewhere in the line. From what I understand, they were bred to be medium sized, powerful and agile dogs. At 100+ lbs, likely the agility will suffer.

All in all, like said above, any dog not socialized/trained properly will eventually misbehave. It all goes back to the owners and many pit bull owners have had the dogs for all the wrong reasons. We all know someone who never should have owned a dog let alone an aggressive breed. Its those people who are at fault for the dogs bad rep.

:beerchug:

We all know someone who never should have owned a dog let alone an aggressive breed. Its those people who are at fault for the dogs bad rep.

this applies to kids too right?

Back