lets see everyone's pit bull

sportcustoms71

Registered
noticed that a lot of us here on the org own pits. so here are my killers lol, at least that what the ignorant people say.

skye.jpg

creed.jpg

Attachments

• creed2.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
I fostered a pit after a lifetime of fearing them myself. He was clearly abused and came to me under very odd circumstances; just glad I got him when I did. My kids named him Lucas (Luke)...one of the wonderful oRg members here drove all the way from Chicago to VA to pick him up and give him a great home. I wanted to keep him so badly, but I was already getting grief from neighbors and the ex...he was the most amazing dog I've ever been around, and I've had Great Danes and loved them more than anything...Lucas was one in a million :)

LucasAndBoys.jpg

Lucas.jpg

all my pups. the bottom pic includes charlie, he's not a pit, but he's part of the fam. the other three are mixes. all pound puppies/rescues. the little one is fully grown, chihuahua/pit mix. the chihuahua was the father...

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

I don't think I would ever own a pitbull.
They have too bad of a rap.

Only dog to ever bite me was a pit, so I've had a fear for most of my adult life. Fostering Lucas truly changed my mind on the stereotypes. For an abused dog, scarred from ropes around his neck, ears cut so short and badly that I can only imagine how that felt at the time when his owners did it, heartworm positive...all those strikes and all Luke did was love us. He was the best dog I'd ever been around, period. Not to say every pit would be like him, but I stopped fearing so much and learned that just like any breed, there's good and bad to be found...

Only breed I'll ever own,I'm on my second round after owning 2 APBT's for 14yrs and lost both to cancer last summer :(

All 4 of my current pits are Blues(pup is a blue fawn)from Watchdog/Chaos line

bbq dogs 133.jpg

bbq dogs 187.jpg

bbq dogs 110.jpg

bbq dogs 117.jpg

Only dog to ever bite me was a pit, so I've had a fear for most of my adult life. Fostering Lucas truly changed my mind on the stereotypes. For an abused dog, scarred from ropes around his neck, ears cut so short and badly that I can only imagine how that felt at the time when his owners did it, heartworm positive...all those strikes and all Luke did was love us. He was the best dog I'd ever been around, period. Not to say every pit would be like him, but I stopped fearing so much and learned that just like any breed, there's good and bad to be found...

i agree with you. i have worked with this breed my whole life, working in shelters and doing house to house cases training these dogs. they do need discipline and lots of it. in return they will be the most loyal dog you'll ever have. the whole reason the breed has a bad wrap is because of the human not the dog. the human will not feed the dog unless it fights then it rewards it with food. the human rewards the dog when it's mean, the human does not socialize the pitbull, the human overbreeds the dogs, the human makes a bad name for the dog, the human beats the dog. the pitbull is just like any other dog, u train the dog sit and what do you do when it sits...you reward it with food or a compliment or something, so i hope you get where i'm going with this....not trying to start some argument with anyone, but knowledge is everyone.... every time a "pitbull hater" meets my dogs they walk away with a different view of the breed and if you don't hahaha i'll beat your arse because i treat them like my kids, just kidding. just my input on this topic

My brother brought a pit home, I did not like having him around beautiful dog though. if we had gotten him as a pup be a different story but I feel that way about any breed that I can't kick through a window if he attacked me :laugh: I admire VaBusa for open her home and taking a chance like that. Without knowing there history I wouldn't take a dog like that in.

Was a blue Nose Pitbull not actual dog here.
Blue-Nose-Pitbull.jpg

Sadly he ended up getting put down, as if there lives weren't short enough as it is.:down:

Blue-Nose-Pitbull.jpg

I admire VaBusa for open her home and taking a chance like that. Without knowing there history I wouldn't take a dog like that in.

I'm a sucker for any animal that needs a home...he came to me under some pretty dire circumstances, early morning phone call, someone needed help getting this dog off the streets before he was returned to the abuse he'd grown up in. We believe he was a bait dog, used to train others to fight...

When I walked up on my back deck to see someone there with this HUGE pit on a leash, my heart sank. I was terrified. I had my two sons with me and I kept telling them to stay away from him until we knew how he'd behave. Those photos I posted were taken the same day we took him in. I have tons more, my kids lying on Luke, Luke lying next to them, etc. He was so grateful, I believe, for having someone LOVE him. We had him for 6 weeks while I dealt with the comments and hate for the breed before an oRg member so kindly gave him the home he deserved...

Having been on both sides, I truly do understand the fear, but after Luke, well, let's just say I wish like hell I could have kept him, but I'm so thankful he's got a wonderful home and a wonderful life compared to what he had when he fell in my lap. He changed the way I feel about the breed.

Hows that go? Oh, honey, I enlarged the pits !

Their not pits but they are my pride and joy. My Japanese Tosa Inu 's Samson 175lbs, and his mother Nari (japanese for thunder) 140lbs. I will never have another breed after these.

samson.jpg

nari.jpg

here is my big baby ace. sweetest and most loving dog i have had yet. i think i will always own a pit from here on in. they do get a bad rap, but the a-holes that make them that way get no mention.

matts phone pics 019.jpg

matts phone pics 021.jpg

Back