lets see everyone's pit bull

The dogs are beautiful, and the link did educate me some. The average pb is usually 40-80 lbs, so a 100+ pounder is a rarity. I have never seen one that large before your pics, or in person and I suspect that if you could trace the lineage back far enough you'd see a larger breed introduced somewhere in the line. From what I understand, they were bred to be medium sized, powerful and agile dogs. At 100+ lbs, likely the agility will suffer.

All in all, like said above, any dog not socialized/trained properly will eventually misbehave. It all goes back to the owners and many pit bull owners have had the dogs for all the wrong reasons. We all know someone who never should have owned a dog let alone an aggressive breed. Its those people who are at fault for the dogs bad rep.

:beerchug:
The old world(Ireland) original fighting pit dogs were small,between 30-45lbs. Remember,the poor people fought them in order to put food on their family's table;they couldnt feed their family if they had to feed a 100lb fighting dog lol.
Over the years when they were brought over to America,just like everything else here we always go for the "bigger is better" mentality and the breeders started breeding for size&not so much for conformity. The bigger APBT's were used primarily for weight pulling competition etc.

For example,my male Junior (the first dog on the link I posted for you) was by far the largest in his litter. Out of his litter of 6 dogs,they all weigh in now between 60-70lbs where he is now 100lbs. So,my breeder is planning on a new line using him as the foundation for XXL Blue pits.

Enuff rambling from the newbie,thanks for clickin the link tho:thumbsup:

This is prolly one of THE most famous XXL pits,Icon from Xtreme Bullys. Last I heard he was pushing 145lbs of solid muscle at almost 2rs old

icon12.jpg

icon600d.jpg

It's funny how a apbt. use to be the U.S. Navy dog becomes a hated dog. If we look back in time, the were great animals until the recession way back when came about, and humans started training family pets, (apbt) breed to fight to earn money. I understand that some people won't like them ever, but in the end we as humans (as a whole) done this to the breed. There is so much backyard breeding, fighting, and the local kids wanting gangsta dogs which has munked everything up. I own a apbt. and love him as much if not more than humans. With that said, I hope we can agree to disagree. I entered this thread to look at some of the other members bull dogs, but as usual, it turns in to something bigger. To the members that posted pics, you all have gorgous dogs, to everyone else, I hope you have a good day! Sorry if my typing skills isn't the best, But I just hate that a bad apple will rot the whole barrel. Brian

The old world(Ireland) original fighting pit dogs were small,between 30-45lbs. Remember,the poor people fought them in order to put food on their family's table;they couldnt feed their family if they had to feed a 100lb fighting dog lol.
Over the years when they were brought over to America,just like everything else here we always go for the "bigger is better" mentality and the breeders started breeding for size&not so much for conformity. The bigger APBT's were used primarily for weight pulling competition etc.

For example,my male Junior (the first dog on the link I posted for you) was by far the largest in his litter. Out of his litter of 6 dogs,they all weigh in now between 60-70lbs where he is now 100lbs. So,my breeder is planning on a new line using him as the foundation for XXL Blue pits.

Enuff rambling from the newbie,thanks for clickin the link tho:thumbsup:

This is prolly one of THE most famous XXL pits,Icon from Xtreme Bullys. Last I heard he was pushing 145lbs of solid muscle at almost 2rs old

That dog has bigger pecks than I do.. WOW

This is my Bruno,he's 62lbs and is a genuine Carver/McCoy dog whose bloodline can be traced back to the early 1900's....any of you who are avid APBT's enthusiasts know the name McCoy.
He is my 8yr old daughter's best friend lol

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

@ oldgixxer that is just to heavy, i think its only for show off.
if this xxl puppy look cute i dont know what is pretty anymore -.-
http://www.bossykennels.com/inglewoodalmost4mnthspic1.jpg

My dog 28kg plays with stafford which is 35kg and both are in great shape and every time my buddys dog is tired first and my can run, play for long time. So weight is ok for show they look great but functionality is questionable..

Last edited:
@ oldgixxer that is just to heavy, i think its only for show off.
if this xxl puppy look cute i dont know what is pretty anymore -.-
http://www.bossykennels.com/inglewoodalmost4mnthspic1.jpg

My dog 28kg plays with stafford which is 35kg and both are in great shape and every time my buddys dog is tired first and my can run, play for long time. So weight is ok for show they look great but functionality is questionable..

OMG! the pic in that link is ridiculous lol

This is "Boy",100% Pit(have his 7 generation UKC pedigree),7 1/2 yrs. old and about 100 lbs. in this pic(has currently ballooned up to 126 lbs.,my fault).Has absolutely no aggression towards any living thing and is by far the best dog i've ever owned.Pits were never bred to be human aggressive and score the highest on temperament tests as the most stable breed out there.Most "vicious pitbull attacks"(the media loves it)are caused by mixed breeds labeled as Pits.You'd think by now with shows such as Dog Whisperer,Pit Boss,Pitbulls and Parolees,etc. the general public would be developing a different opinion towards this great breed.

IMG_0018.jpg

I love pits.... They are great dogs... Every one I have known has been just like a big baby... Even ones at the pound all messed up from fighting.... Raise them with kids, and they become one of them! Even the ones who have been fought are still good dogs.... Nine out of ten aren't agressive, but were starved or otherwise abused until they would fight... Watch a dog fighting video.. You will see people beat them upside the head, yell at them and kick them to get them worked up... I also plan on owning one day.... Along with a Rottie... Just waiting on the deciding to have human babies part so that they can be raised together.... Thanks for posting all of your beautiful babies! Keep 'em comming

Someone has dumped a young male Pit (or to me what looks like one) out on the road in front of my Dad's farm. Yes he was very friendly (and obviously very hungry) but I don't dare engage him because I don't want him following me onto the farm or home....

What really tics me off is people why get dogs, then because they lose interest or don't want them anymore go dump them off on a backroad to fend for themselves...

So...anyone in the Nashville area want one?

Looks like we have a lot of Pit pros here... This is Ikari. We adopted her a year ago at a very skinny 39 lbs, but now she's 2 years old and a healthy (very strong) 55 lbs. Best guess is she's a Pointer/Pit mix. Any professional opinions/guesses?

photo.JPG

Looks like we have a lot of Pit pros here... This is Ikari. We adopted her a year ago at a very skinny 39 lbs, but now she's 2 years old and a healthy (very strong) 55 lbs. Best guess is she's a Pointer/Pit mix. Any professional opinions/guesses?

yeah she definetly has some mix in her....u got any more pics of her?

@ ajlacro take some pictures of her body side ways, make her pose so we can see better :thumbsup:

she is beauty ;)

Back