Get thee some Pit Bulls...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I got my Pit Bull front & rear stands and used them today. In my opinion, stands are worth every penny they cost and more. I couldn't believe how much easier it is to work around the busa on the stands. I took the rest of the factory warning stickers off, removed the side reflectors, and changed the oil. It was so nice to be able to sit on my rolling mechanic's stool and roll around the busa being able to reach everything. The busa is so stable on the stands that I don't think I ever even shook it while working on it.

If you haven't bought stands yet, get online and order them. If you do any work on your busa yourself you'll wish you had bought them before you bought the bike. :D

And no, I don't sell Pit Bull stands... :tounge: :D

you sure you don't sell them? Noticed your name didn't come up as "unregistered guest" this time

Actually, I'd probably sell my "Forklift" front if someone wanted it. I meant to order the "Newfront" but got mixed up. I didn't have the catalog and couldn't get online at the time I placed the order... I'll order a Newfront stand to replace the forklift soon, I guess.

Maybe I should have Captain change my user name so this would come up under Guest so I could be accused of hawking Pit Bull stands. :rofl:

Where did you order them from?  I see that you would have liked to have ordered the New fornt.  What did you order for the rear?
Since you work there do we get a discount? :bounce:

Tony

Ordered 'em str8 from Pit Bull in Alabama. Got the adjustable Pit Bull Rear stand with a bare aluminum spool kit for the rear.

And yes, I'll give you a discount. I'll let you have it for my cost plus 50%. Or, I'll trade even for a set of chromed stock wheels. Whatta deal, huh? ;)

Wow they are here in AL. That is going to suck. They will probably make me pay state tax. Thanks for the info

Tony

Hey Bullet Train

Did you have any trouble getting the bike up on the rear stand??

What do you want for the front?? I have a rear and need a front

Kent

I have the rear Pit Bull, the other stands I saw looked somewhat flimsy and I figured I didn't want any flexing when putting the bike on the stand.

Ksheldong, put the grab rail on the bike first then while the bike is on the sidestand get the stand lined up on the spools and then push down on the handle while standing the bike with the grab rail. Once the bike is vertical just push down on the handle and you are done.

Hey Bullet Train

Did you have any trouble getting the bike up on the rear stand??

What do you want for the front??  I have a rear and need a front

Kent
No problems with the rear at all once I got the spools installed and got the stand adjusted to the correct width.

For the front, I want a Pit Bull "Newfront" stand. It uses a pin that lifts the bike by the steering head instead of lifting by the fork ends like the "Forklift" Pit Bull does. The Newfront allows fork maintainance and front wheel removal and looks like it would hold the front more securely.

I've got the Pitbull front stand, that lifts the bike by the steering stem.  Be care, it's easy to scratch up your front fender until you figure out how to use it.  You've only got 3 or 4 inches of clearance from the front fender to the fairing.  It's also a trick to get the front stand to lift the bike without tearing up the fairing.  I insert the pin in the steering stem hole first, be sure to get it all the way in.  Then, cover your fender with something to prevent the stand from scratching it, because, believe me, you will if you've never used these before.  Once your fender is covered, line up the stand with the pin and lift the bike.  If the gap between the stand and fairing disappears, you will be lifting the bike with the fairing plastic and it will break!  Once you've got the pin inserted all the way in the stem stand and all the way in the pit-bull stand, it should lift properly.  Takes a little practice, but be careful with your plastics.  Not a lot of room to play with.

I just got the rear stand and spools...  alittle spooky the first time up...  I followed some advise from another thread and it worked like a charm.

Keep the front locked to the left when lifting.  This will let it go back onto the kickstand naturally when lowering.  (another reason to do the handrail/hump mod here, it helps a lot to have the handrail in place when lifting and lowering)
:devil: Shameless Plug :devil:

I've got the Pitbull front stand, that lifts the bike by the steering stem.  Be care, it's easy to scratch up your front fender until you figure out how to use it.  You've only got 3 or 4 inches of clearance from the front fender to the fairing.  It's also a trick to get the front stand to lift the bike without tearing up the fairing.  I insert the pin in the steering stem hole first, be sure to get it all the way in.  Then, cover your fender with something to prevent the stand from scratching it, because, believe me, you will if you've never used these before.  Once your fender is covered, line up the stand with the pin and lift the bike.  If the gap between the stand and fairing disappears, you will be lifting the bike with the fairing plastic and it will break!  Once you've got the pin inserted all the way in the stem stand and all the way in the pit-bull stand, it should lift properly.  Takes a little practice, but be careful with your plastics.  Not a lot of room to play with.
Hmmm. Wish there was a way to try the Newfront before I bought one then. I figured it'd be easier to get under the bike than the Forklift. Also thought it'd reduce the chances of scuffing the plastic. Guess I won't know till I get one...

I am looking for a stand!

Could you post some pics of the stand on and off the bike? Maybe a few different views showing whay it's better than others! Does it come with the little guides that go on the swing arm?

Thanks,

Josh:cool:

Wish I could, Got Busa. I dropped my digital camera the other day and it's not working. I have another one on the way but won't have it until Friday. I'll post some good shots of my busa on the Pit Bulls Friday or Saturday for you if you want... if UPS does their part and gets the camera to me on Friday.

If there's a particular angle you'd like to see just ask here and I'll try to get it for ya. I'll do some close-ups of the spools and brackets so you can see how the mate up. I enjoy photography almost as much as ridin' and tinkerin' with the busa. :D

Also, you asked if they come with guides. I'm assuming that you're referring to the spools that screw into the swing arm to give the stand something to mate to? If that's what you mean, you have to order the spools separate. The spool kit consists of two spools and allen bolts and cost $16.

Got-busa, I pinged you in a new thread with the pics you wanted, and a few of the front for good measure. Let me know if that's what you wanted, or not... ;)

Back