Pit Bull "Newfront"...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I went to the local road race supply shop today to pick up some oil and they had Pit Bull Newfront stands in stock. I'd been waitin' about ordering one but since it was there and I could see it I couldn't resist it.  ;)

It is a little tricky to get the pin in the triple to begin with but once it's in, the bike goes up with minimal effort. There is much less chance of the front coming down off of the newfront than there is of it coming off of the forklift front stand. The newfront seems VERY stable. If you're lookin' at buyin' a pit bull front I'd recommend going with the newfront over the forklift. Be warned, though. If yer bike is lowered much you may not be able to use the newfront. It's a close fit gettin' the bar and pin between the fender and fairing on my stock height ride...

Now I have to decide whether to sell the forklift front or keep it.  :super:

Bullet, why didn't you just buy the part to convert your forklift to a newfront? That way you would only have one.....

When I initially bought my pit bulls the guy at pit bull said that the forklift front with the adapter didn't give the same clearance as the newfront on the busa or something like that. I don't remember exactly how he put it but I wanted the best fit and clearance possible. He said that if I wanted to go with the newfront type stand for the busa I'd be better off getting the actual newfront stand instead of the forklift and an adapter. It wasn't like he was trying to sell me both so I figured he was giving me accurate info.

This was before I placed my order, before I had the forklift stand so I don't think he told me all that to get me to buy another stand. If I had already bought the forklift and someone told me that I might think that they were just trying to sell me another stand. In this case I just figured he was shooting straight.

The sad part about all this is that I intended to get the stand that hoists the front by the triple and even after the conversation above, I still didn't catch on that I was ordering the wrong stand all together. :withstupid: I had checked out their website but wasn't online when I called to order the stands and I got the names of the stands mixed up. :sad:

Seeing now how, ummm, delicate (for lack of better term) the process of gettin' the pin in with the actual newfront stand is I'd hate to have to try to do it with less clearance. It's tricky enough to get the true newfront head in between the fender and fairing and get the pin into the triple without hittin' bodywork. If the forklift w/adapter has any less clearance I'd hate to have to work it in there.

Do you have a forklift with the adapter? Any clearance problems? :super:

Just to be safe, and not scratch my fender, I just put a towel or a thin piece of foam on the fender. It's pretty easy to scratch your fender trying to get the pin in and line up the front stand.

Just to be safe, and not scratch my fender, I just put a towel or a thin piece of foam on the fender.  It's pretty easy to scratch your fender trying to get the pin in and line up the front stand.
Yeah, it gets a little hairy goin' in don't it? I think the newfront would be useless on a lowered busa. It's close on my stock height ride...  :crazy:

I actually found that putting the pin up from the side and then straightenin' the stand up with the bike works best for me. Is that how you do it?

What was the cost of that newfront stand? If 'ya don't mind me asking. I need to get a set of stands and am trying to do the cost analysis.

I got the newfront from Marietta Motorsports ( 1888fastlap.com Website is Gone ) for $145 and the busa pin (pin # 6) cost around $7 and tax. Pit Bull's website has the Newfront listed for $149 and the pin for $7... add shipping. So, $152 + tax for me. $156 + shipping from pit bull. ( www.pit-bull.com )

Pit Bull stands are much beefier looking than the Suzuki stands. Pit Bulls are built like tanks. I've never had a Suzuki stand so I can't really say how good they are. ;)

No problem. If you have any questions or want some sort of pics of the newfront just let me know. ;)

If you have the time - post a pic of the front stand with you bike on it!

Thanks

Kent

There's always time for pics, broh! :super:

newfront_front.jpg

An added bonus with the Newfront that I just discovered while removing the fairings is that you can actually turn the front wheel side to side and get access to the fairing fasteners. No can do with the forklift! If you turn the front wheel or move/twist the stand with the forklift the front tire is going to the ground. Don't ask me how I know this... :eek: I've taken 6 years off of my life with the busa. 3 when it came off the forklift stand and 3 when I caught it mid fall when it tried to roll off the sidestand. :drool:

You can turn the front wheel side to side on the newfront until the fender hits the stand arms if you wish and it's just as stable as it is with the wheel straight. The triple pivots on the pin and doesn't even move the stand. I think the newfront is worth every penny just for that. :super:

Back