Anyone using the pit bull newfront stand?

azza266

Registered
I've been looking to get a front stand and looking at the Pit Bull Newfront. Looking at the footnotes on their site it says the stand is a very close fit on the stem and I'm concerned that it might damage the finish on my front cowling or fender. Is this what they're talking about? I really would like to have something I can use to lift from the stem in case I decide to do fork work. Thanks guys for any help you can give. This board is the best.
http://www.pit-bull.com/catalog....5346843

I use both the front and rear pit-bull stand. The front stem stand fits fine, and does not rub or make contact if you line it up correctly.

Place the pin in the hole...make sure front stand is lined up center with headlight and not fron tire. Slowly lift to make sure you are lined up correctly, and nothing is rubbing. If your bike is lowered in the front I have no clue if things will work, but on a normal non-slammed front end I have had no issues.

hope this helps...great stands by the way....great quality, and a must if you work on your bike a lot.

Thanks Valium, I really appreciate the info. I think I'm going to go for the newstand.
Thanks again.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Tight fit, but it does fit..heres a picture to show it fits, and how close...Im at work so this is the best pic I can come up with right now.

What it the "close fit"
rock.gif
The fairings or the bore?

the close fit is to the bottom of the nose section. If the stand is not lined up properly, it will put pressure on the nose section while lifting.

Place pin in the tree. Line up stand with headlight, push the slck in (meaning roll wheels forward) and when you can't roll it any further, slowly lift up on stand. No problems lifting.

Back