Pit Bull

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
What's up all , I think I am going to try one of the new products that Pit Bull introduced. The Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System , They look pretty sturdy and load rather quickly. Any opinions on these ? Anybody heard any bad things so far ?
thumb_up.gif

TrailerRestraintSUP.jpg

I have one. I used it to haul my 05 over 700 miles with no issues. With the open trailer it's nice to not worry about straps coming loose when you can't see the bike at night.

Be very sure you understand how the pins work on your bike. On the 05 Busa, the right axle pin was fully engaged and the small pin went through the hole in the yoke and the hole in the axle pin. The left side the axle pin is pushed all the way in and the small pin does NOT go through the yoke as it does on the right side but rather it goes through the axle pin on the INSIDE of the yoke. If you engage both of them like the right side there is too much side to side motion and the yoke and axle pin assembly can actually come off the bike and that would be real bad. I talked to Pit Bull about this when I called them for something else and they said they were going to start putting instructions in the boxes so people would use them correctly. Very good product, but I can seem some bikes going down if you don't catch this detail. It seems to be the same situation on the 08 Busa.

Bob,
I have looked at these longingly for awhile, seems like a good setup, but somewhat cost prohibitive. I think Redline Stands was looking at an alternative, but I am not sure if the idea ever took - Definately interested in a play by play on your experiences.

Back