Kawasaki vs Hayabusa

OMG .... this video made me laugh sooooo hard :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Please Please Please give me some respect... it just shows how much Kawasaki are pissed and how eager they are trying to prove a point "Numbers Dont Lie" Huge production cost "Chopper Filming"... i really find that an insult to anyone who wants to buy or owns a ZX-14. Just like anything in this business... a few years (If not the next one) some factory with have a faster motorcycle...

Reminds me of a campaign ... BK Whooper has 33% more meat than Big Mac... Loooooooool

OK--here's my $.02. I've owned a Gen I 'busa and now a Gen II. My son owns a ZX-14. Having ridden both, I can't say the 14 is a bad bike. Not my cup of tea, but I can't bad mouth the machine. However-there is something about owning the "original". Tell someone you ride a 14 and they look at you with deer in the headlights look. Tell them you ride a 'busa and their eyes light up and their mouth utters "OHHHHHHHHHHH"!! For me, I'll own the "real thing" not the imitation. If I could, I'd own a Honda Blackbird--now that's the bike that started the HP war!!! LOL

I was truly hoping that the new ZX-14 would be a massive improvement over the old bike, just because it would force Suzuki to build something wild and radical just to one-up it. I'm mostly disappointed because the Gen2 Hayabusa isn't at all outclassed by the new -14 so there is no reason for a redesign at this point... all the future holds for us now is bold new graphics, year after year.

I really hope that I'm wrong. :please:

OK--here's my $.02. I've owned a Gen I 'busa and now a Gen II. My son owns a ZX-14. Having ridden both, I can't say the 14 is a bad bike. Not my cup of tea, but I can't bad mouth the machine. However-there is something about owning the "original". Tell someone you ride a 14 and they look at you with deer in the headlights look. Tell them you ride a 'busa and their eyes light up and their mouth utters "OHHHHHHHHHHH"!! For me, I'll own the "real thing" not the imitation. If I could, I'd own a Honda Blackbird--now that's the bike that started the HP war!!! LOL

Wrong.

The Blackbird was built specifically to dethrone the KAWASAKI ZX-11 that was the fastest bike for 6 damn years running.

It (the Blackbird) did so for a year, then the Busa blew them both away. (Including the ZX-12R, which allegedly had to be chopped down. [Probably a lie, but who knows.])

Honestly, yea yea it's a Hayabusa site. Yea, it's iconic. It sure is, I get it, but to not acknowledge that Kawasaki loves them some speed and has since the god damn son of a *****ing 80s and still is today is plain stupidity.

Furthermore, I don't understand how people can say that "Oh, it barely eeks the Busa out. Suzuki won't do anything." Suzuki is not going to sit on their ass and let their competitor have the throne. There's 'face' involved in that and after all, their bike is an icon. It HAS to be the fastest. That's what Hayabusa is synonymous with up until these ZX-14R (and S1000R, if you want to add in a bike of different sector) upstarts came along.

Anyone else notice the 11 second pass on the Busa....My old gen 1 would run faster than that and I've got 50lbs on ricky.... Biased Video is Biased

Guys, guys...it is used for a Kawasaki advert....the Busa is hardly going to win now is it....

Honestly, who cares which bike is "better"?

I have owned a ZX14 and now a Bus. I like the Bus, but I also have fond memories of the big Kawasaki.

Both are great bikes.

Smell the flowers...life is too short....

I totally Agree. I had a 2005 busa. Last year I had to sell her. This year I bought a like new 2008 ZX-14 at a great price!.
All I can say is both bikes are phenomenal.

Wrong.

The Blackbird was built specifically to dethrone the KAWASAKI ZX-11 that was the fastest bike for 6 damn years running.

It (the Blackbird) did so for a year, then the Busa blew them both away. (Including the ZX-12R, which allegedly had to be chopped down. [Probably a lie, but who knows.])

Honestly, yea yea it's a Hayabusa site. Yea, it's iconic. It sure is, I get it, but to not acknowledge that Kawasaki loves them some speed and has since the god damn son of a *****ing 80s and still is today is plain stupidity.

Furthermore, I don't understand how people can say that "Oh, it barely eeks the Busa out. Suzuki won't do anything." Suzuki is not going to sit on their ass and let their competitor have the throne. There's 'face' involved in that and after all, their bike is an icon. It HAS to be the fastest. That's what Hayabusa is synonymous with up until these ZX-14R (and S1000R, if you want to add in a bike of different sector) upstarts came along.

Kawasaki's love for speed goes back years further to the original superbike, the '69 Mach III. I grew up on their 2 strokes triples during the '70's and they were the bikes to beat until the Z-1's and KZ1000's took over the title later in the decade.
Kawasaki 500 Mach III H1A - YouTube[/url]
No, that's not me....but probably coulda been :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a gold '73 H2 with Denco pipes, ported, and 38 mikunis I rode on the street that would turn 11.30's in street trim and a strip only '74 burgundy H1 with a '72 full race motor than ran 10.80's with a bar and slick. The Suzuki 2 strokes of the day weren't even in the same league as the Kaws at the strip.

I couldn't have said it better. Kawi would never bias this demo to make them look better ; would they? Yeah.....right.

Ricky's worst run of the day was on the Busa. Funny they didn't mention his best run of the day was on the 14.:whistle:

So Ricky since Kawasaki supplies you with bikes, pays for your crew, pays for that nice RV (it really is nice), tools, trailer, pays you to race and recently paid for you to do a commercial for the new 14, can you really be unbiased?:poke:

I really don't understand why people have been dogging the 14. Some people act like Kawasaki is the new step-child in the house which is the contrary: Kawasaki has a had a WELL established racing/sportbike history granted it's not like it us to be since the inception of the Busa.

Back in the day a "KAW" was the bike to have, nobody wanted a Suzuki, heck even the Honda CB750 was more desirable and of course you old heads remember the infamous KZ1000 which are still being drag raced to this day! (I learned to ride back in the mid 80's). My cousin STILL has his 1984 GPZ750 and no he won't sell it, I've ask many, many times,lol.

But the king was d-throned and a new champion took over. But as we all know nobody rules forever hence the subject of this topic. Sometimes it's hard to admit defeat being that the Kawasaki ZX-14R is one bad a$$ bike regardless of what anyone thinks. It's almost the best in technology that Kawasaki has offered the public, this cannot be denied.

I personally think that this is a good thing because it will inspire/force Suzuki to make changes and upgrades. Suzuki left the busa alone for years,(if it ain't broke don't fix it attitude) until the 14 jumped on the scene. Now it's pretty much guaranteed that the Gen3 WILL be out I'd say by 2014 possibly with the 600/750 Brembo brakes, traction control, of course a bigger motor, yada yada yada.

It's the typical cat/mouse game likened to the Mustang Camaro pony cars. The Mustang beat the Camaro to the point that it went out of production even thou the Camaro had more power and was faster. It lost because it was basically junk, harder to work on, more expensive to work on, the aftermarket supported the Mustang a lot more and the Mustang was a better looking car. With all these factors in place meant the inevitable demise of the Camaro.

Will the 14 out-sale the Busa because of the improvements in my opinion no way! Why because the Busa has an iconic following that is not going anywhere anytime soon and also because the Busa just looks so much better. As far as drag racing goes look at the MIROC series with the VAST majority being Suzuki mainly the Busa with a few 1000's thrown in.

I've talked to some people and they take things WAY to far! People act like Suzuki or Kawasaki is paying them to dog the each other and the only person I know who IS getting paid to do it is Rickey Gradson but I'm SURE that if Suzuki offered him a super mega contract he would be singing a different song as we all known (heck I sure would, lol).

Heck I hope Honda and Yamaha come out with some big cc super street bikes just to really mix it up.

Just have fun and ride your bikes, we all support each other out on the road.
where the hell you been buying parts????? chevys have allways been cheaper to hot rod than fords. pick up a jegs catalog if you dont belive it. way cheaper!

where the hell you been buying parts????? chevys have allways been cheaper to hot rod than fords. pick up a jegs catalog if you dont belive it. way cheaper!

I'm sorry I should've been more specific about which era I was talking about: If you compare for instance a later model 1993 fox body stang and a 1993 f-body camaro with the stang you'll get more bang for your buck and the after market is more substantial just like the busa. Now the old, old chevy's are awesome and cheaper to mod than a ford for sure. I'm a stang guy but I'll take a 69 Camaro over a stang any day! Oh and those super UGLY new Camaro's SUCK!

elevation 3300-3600ft at that track..... best so far 9.71@147.9.....somebody pic the busa up,it just got knocked out

BMWhat......won't get into the 9's at that track..show room stock

that elevation robs a lot of power

Congrats to Kawasaki

found my solution.........

SANY0080.jpg

Ricky runs a 1.96 60 foot on the Busa. I think a blind monkey could do that. Hmm, Busa first street bike in 6 seconds. Also holds top speed record. Nuff said.

I'm sorry I should've been more specific about which era I was talking about: If you compare for instance a later model 1993 fox body stang and a 1993 f-body camaro with the stang you'll get more bang for your buck and the after market is more substantial just like the busa. Now the old, old chevy's are awesome and cheaper to mod than a ford for sure. I'm a stang guy but I'll take a 69 Camaro over a stang any day! Oh and those super UGLY new Camaro's SUCK!
Yea then in 94 the Camaro spanked the mustang from then all the way through NOW stock vs stock, although the new 5.0 motor has given ford some light now. After you start modding them well its whoever has the most money to throw at them lol. Oh and yes i'm a Chevy guy :thumbsup:

Back