K11 'Busa - 303 HP

Craash

Registered
I got my baby back today and I was happy enough with the results I just had to share!

The journey started 4-7-2011 when my K11 was delivered after totaling my K9 (9K Miles).

In June of 2011 I dropped her off at Smithers in KC and they fixed me up with the following

•Wossner Turbo Pistons
•Ferrea Stainless Steel Valves
•APE Valve Springs
•ARP 10mm Studs
•High Output Oil Pump Gear
•APE HD Clutch Springs
•Clutch Slave Support
•Stage-8 Locking Header Bolts
•RCC Stage 1 Turbo Kit

Once finished, she made 283 HP. This on a stock wheel base buse that I track day at Heartland park.

She was a bit of a handful in 1 and 2, so I ordered up an AMS1000 and self contained air shifter.

I got her back today - 303 HP!

The AMS allows us to put whatever boost we like based on gear position, so we have 1st and 2nd squeezed down to just over 200 hp and then ramping up to 303 in the upper gears.

How about some pics?

IMG_7700-Small.jpg

Busa%20Dyno%20-%20Small.jpg

That was my goal, I didn't want to extend or go with a fat tire. But, it's amazing how fast guys turn the other way when they hear the blow off valve or see the polished charge pipe. :laugh:

very nice. likn the exhaust. nice sleeper

You got some money tied up in that bad boy! It's nice! I wish you could describe the way it feels when you hit the gas. I too am installing the same turbo in a few weeks and Im going crazy wondering how intense it's going to feel! Be safe out there.:thumbsup:

. . . I wish you could describe the way it feels when you hit the gas. . . .

Did you ever have that crazy/sexy girl in school? 'Busa's throttle is kinda like her. You want to hit it . . . but you are just a bit leary of the results. :laugh:

Awesome bike, been to Smithers shop, Busa Dr. , he knows his bikes that's for sure.

Is that pipe a competetion werkes?

lol... ill bet. any killz on the street yet?

Honestly most of my riding consists of twisties. They guy's I ride with know my bike (and her lack of chicken strips). I did have an older ducati at track day who was on the grid ahead of me. He commented that the drag strip wa on the other side of the fence. I had a blast spanking him and his duc the rest of the day.

Back