K11 'Busa - 303 HP

Sounds like lots of what you went through could have been avoided with a good tuner, I feel for you my Friend.

I didn't see water injection listed as an item on your build. I wouldn't consider a build without that. The methane in the fluid helps with octaine and with heat - although admidtidly it might not help in your sitatuion where the tune is off to begine with.

I started from a new bike, and built it right the first time so I knew everything that had been done. I didn't have to take anyones word for it. I monitor my A/F, fuel pressure, and boost with digital guages. Granted, that's hard to do at WOT, but faith in my tune based on documentation gives me the confidence it's spot on. Of course a go pro helps on occassion too. ;-)

Once again the parts are just parts until the builder works his magic (or lack of in your case).

How much are you putting out with your big bore? Are you 24v? How does it do in traffic?

I meant top speed runs, not running to redline. A sustained high RPM situation will build more heat than the fuel mapping can support. A run up to redline isn't an issue. Yeah, my issues with turbo's really soured my taste for it all. I bought an already turbo'd busa and the guy lied to me saying the bike was ready to ride. It wasn't, as it would overheat from the crappy Hahn turbo kit and crappy fuel mapping it had. Not to mention the blown headgasket. Then I swapped to a RCC stage1 kit on a stock engine. All was fine till I it the highway and wound it out. I burnt all 4 stock pistons and cracked the cylinder. The head was done too. The only conclusion anyone could come to was that the fuel line got kinked enough to starve the engine and cause a lean out condition. Then I went all out and built and engine. JE low comp pistons, two intake cams(bad choice later i found, killed the low end torque) and fully studded everything. Undercut trans, the works. But the tuner tuned it for WOT only even after I looked him eye to eye and said to tune it for street riding too. In short the bike ran awesome at WOT and ran like dog poop at everywhere else. Before the engine let go we checked it on the dyno and found that at cruise speed 70mph the A/F was a crazy lean 16:8.1. I set the fuel to where it should have been at 13:4 a/f and gained 27hp at partial throttle cruise condition! But by then it was too late, though I didn't know it at the time. What really happened is that my turbo bike was my only ride and I just got burnt out of working on it and spend money on it. I owned the bike for 2 years, rode it only 4.5 months TOTAL and spent around $21K with the cost of the bike.

Thanks! The stock guages when to Scott at Blueguages.com this moring. When they come back, they should be blue to mach my digital A/F, Fuel Pessure, and boost guages!

Man what a awsome bike. You have done exactly what I want to do to my bike. I can't believe that thing is making 300 HP! Wow!

you have certainly put together a beautiful ride. i too love the sleeper effect. as to how much you have spent... im gonna go with "if you have to ask, you cant afford it!" :laugh::laugh:

oooohhh someday.

I've had a few ask via PM and it's a bit shocking to see that number I have to put down. But then, I get back on it and all is well . . . Blue gauges have my gauges at the moment. I'm going to match them to my digital gauges (Boost/Vacuum, Fuel Pressure, A/F) so they are all blue. I hope they get back in time to ride this weekend. Talking mid 50's here!

you have certainly put together a beautiful ride. i too love the sleeper effect. as to how much you have spent... im gonna go with "if you have to ask, you cant afford it!" :laugh::laugh:

oooohhh someday.

Additional Pics:

Dyno-tune Guages, GPS, Blue-Guages.com Guages.

Guages2.JPG

Guages, and GoPro HD mounted on GPS mount (Thanks Tim!)

GoPro.JPG

Back