My email to Roadracing World magazine,after reading about H2(R) in January 2015 issue

Re: My email to Roadracing World magazine,after reading about H2(R) in January 2015 i

Been thinking about this since my post and I think I figured it out. If you let off the gas in a slide the rear tire may actually hook up and eject you. So I say stay on the gas but try to roll the bike up on the fatter part of the tire to increase traction?

If that does not do the trick, then launch yourself in X direction and launch the bike in Y direction, repaint all your plastics for $300 and you are ready to go again.:laugh::whistle:

Re: My email to Roadracing World magazine,after reading about H2(R) in January 2015 i

If that does not do the trick, then launch yourself in X direction and launch the bike in Y direction, repaint all your plastics for $300 and you are ready to go again.:laugh::whistle:

I see what you did there. Well played sir! :thumbsup:

I think the foot anchors FB page is hilarious. Most of the posts are "liked" by, let's see:
1. Foot Anchors
2. Igor
3. Killing America Slowly
4. Hayabusa Hump Mod

Um. Igor really likes his own stuff! He's Super Popular with himself! LOL. "As one of our test riders likes to joke, the bike is so stable with foot anchors that it just wouldn't crash, LOL." Would that test rider happen to be... Igor? Ugh. OK, I'm out. Crank, Narcissist, whatever you want to call it, it's still wrestling a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig LIKES it!

So if the rear is slipping what do you do? I.G. says let off the gas a little or just ride it out, which is what I would probably do. What should you do Tuff?

Arch, I can tell you give these things lots of thought. I like that about you!

Go back and watch that video and keep an eye on each rider's arse. Now don't go getting funny on me here Arch! When the bike steps out the trick is to get your arse up out of the seat to allow yourself some separation from the bike. This allows the legs to act as springs with shock absorbers. When the bike regains traction it will recoil with bad intentions. If you are locked into the bike you are apt to be bitten by the infamous highside snake.

The bike is designed to straighten itself out if given the chance. If the rider is locked into the saddle when it whips back and forth you either get pitched or end up with your feet higher than the saddle. All the pro riders get their butt up out of the saddle when the bike steps out. They are cocked and loaded on every corner as they are aware that responding quickly is the trick. Watch the video, its easy to see the ones that didn't get their arse up in time. They are the ones that ended up in those scarryass undesirable positions.

If the rear steps out quickly you have to close the throttle a little to slow the spin or you'll end up low-siding. If the slide is easy just raise your bum out of the seat and let the bike catch up to the spin and realign itself before you sit back down. Most of the street guys that I see spin the rear end up low-siding just because this is a new experience for them and they fail to react quickly enough to allow the tire to regain traction.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about spinning the rear when you visit your first track day. I have no doubt you will be exercising caution on corner exits. However, as your skills increase you'll need to start thinking about how to handle different riding situations that may occur. How you handle these experiences will depend on how much training you get before you reach that level and how much you ride at these upper levels. Along with more speed and deeper lean angles comes more risk.

I will be anxiously awaiting your detailed monologue of that first Track Day! I bet it will take you a week to wipe that sheet eating grin off your face! :beerchug:

Remember, if your rear does step out get your arse up off the seat first (QUICKLY). If you do end up high-siding your bum it won't be nearly as violent by allowing your legs to take some of the thrust out of the equation. Nothing good happens when you leave your arse sitting on the seat.

Well what if you approached this from another direction. What if we try to help IG find ways to prove the FA's work. IG is pretty good at pushing an idea and obviously is a good salesman. But why not just vet the thing and be done with it?

I plan to give it a fair testing, and give my honest opinion. I don't think I need the ability to hang on to the bike beyond my knee gripping the tank and I like getting away from the bike in the event of an accident, esspecially on the street where I might not be the one making the mistake. But we'll see. If I truely do feel like I have more control over the bike (while using the proper body position) as IG says, maybe it has a place for people who want to use them.

I agree with you 100% Arch. You don't need to be giving it the Marquez hang off. When you hang off at those levels your ability to control the bike is reduced considerably. Only high level riders should be using that technique. Guys like you and I should only hang off to the level of bike control skill we posses. I have attended Jason Pridmore's Star School on a number of occasions. I love picking that man's brain. He tell us not to hang off more than one butt cheek. It's the upper body that makes the difference, not the lower half. Pridmore is a world class rider who trained Josh Hayes. Watch how Hayes rides, one cheek off the seat. How many championships has he won? Maybe Josh should get in touch with IG and improve his body position? Pridmore tells us that we have much better control of the bike by being in a comfortable position with only one cheek off.

Here is something to think about Arch. Imagine two riders on identical bikes riding identical lines around the same corner at the same speed. Rider A is hanging off the bike while rider B is not. As a result rider B's bike must be leaned over farther while rider A's bike is leaned less. To maintain the same line at the same speed, both bikes tires must generate the same lateral cornering force. Removing racing from the equation, is one body position better than the other? :dunno:

Back