How is the Busa in the Twisties?

Some twisty road pics for you
smile.gif

560-800-busa.jpg

So fast in the twisties, it's just a blur.
biggrin.gif

567-900-busa.jpg

The Busa is very capable.

I pushed my Busa as far as I was comfortable with on the streets, I never did get to take it to a track. But my personal
comfort zone is big...I like to leave alot of room for error.

That being said, the Busa is about as capable as you are willing to let it. But when its to its edge (aka an extreme lean angle)
you have VERY VERY little room for error...personally id only ride the Busa like this on a kept track.

First of all, all I have to say is “… _Zef… you are an animalâ€.  Nice job grinding those hard parts!!!!
super.gif

djorgensen3 – I know what you are saying about loosing feeling in your backside.  

I was out for about 4+ hours of “hard†riding with my better half this morning/afternoon, and my ass still hurts.  I have pretty much accepted that butt pain is just the price that we pay for this particular pastime obsession, but when my knee started to hurt as well (old football injury), I started to once again long for a roomier machine.  

I just don’t know if I can let go of my K5 Gixxer 1K.  The lean angles I can hit on that bike are just amazing, not to mention the power to weight ratio of the bike.  I literally have to stand on the front end to keep it from coming up on WOT acceleration.  

BentValve – I feel ya on the breaking too.  Today, I was coming into my favorite tight left hander, and as I was dumping off as much speed I could before hitting the lean, I could feel the rear tire come up about 4-5 inches or so…… but the bike kept 100% of its composure… as I just rolled into and through the turn….

Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone with a loaner Busa.  Also, I don’t know of any dealerships who will give test rides either.

Decisions Decisions……..
First off, with a good aftermarket seat the butt pain can pretty much be eliminated with the busa. I went with a Corbin and can literally ride all day without my butt hurting - my hands and arms are another story.

Seems the only way to go here is for you to buy the busa and hang on to the K5 for 2-3 months. Than, sell 1000 bike after you've had a chance to ride the busa for a while. The busa is the perfect choice for a 'more substantial' bike to the 1000. And, it's been demonstrated that it can do well in the twisties. But, that comfort comes at a cost to performance and I don't think anyone's can tell you if that's a trade you're going to like or not.

So, take the pressure off, keep both for 2-3 months and than sell 1 bike. The dealer's not going to give you a good trade in anyways. By hanging on to both for a short while, you hold all the cards.

Back