Gen1 Busa - Turbo, Standalone, Built Motor - What else can I do?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/powerhouse-motorcycles/174949-rcc-water-methanol-injection-kits-now-available-powerhouse.htmlAnother thing you could do is add w/m tank

image.jpg

Good advice. Thanks. I think I read somewhere that E85 does require a lot more fuel. Like 30% more or something? Hmmm...def something to consider. Plus, what if I got caught out somewhere and I needed gas but there was no E85 around right? I wonder if I could switch to a 93 octane map to keep me going. Probably could, I'll have to find out for sure but I am pretty sure I could just load a map from my phone or my Galaxy Tab. I think there may be an even easier way to do it with the bike's electronics supporting multiple maps on a toggle. Will have to confirm with my guy though. I do have every confidence that my tune would be spot on for E85 since my tuner runs E85 with the same standalone as me and he is the MS Ultra guru, so that should not be an issue. Variability in fuel mix would concern me because I can't do anything about that. At higher power levels than E85 can support, if I needed to go that high, I would run C16.

I am definitely leaning toward the RCC Ultra plenum though. I would have to have a shop do the upgrade for me and I am pretty sure HTP Performance in Richmond would be my first choice. I have spoken to Cecil and he is way cool. They are mostly into Nitrous bikes but they really know their stuff and I would be confident they would do good work. Anyone here work with them before?

Going RCC Ultra Plenum would allow you upto 18 lbs boost (roughly 380 HP) on 93 octane pump gas.

Thanks guys. I think I will end up tuning the bike for E85 to try it out and see how much boost I can run safely. If it becomes too much of a hassle, I can always switch back to 93 octane. I definitely want to upgrade to an Ultra plenum too.

Does anyone run a RCC Ultra setup on E85? What kind of boost and HP numbers can be made on this set up?

Thanks guys. I think I will end up tuning the bike for E85 to try it out and see how much boost I can run safely. If it becomes too much of a hassle, I can always switch back to 93 octane. I definitely want to upgrade to an Ultra plenum too.

Does anyone run a RCC Ultra setup on E85? What kind of boost and HP numbers can be made on this set up?

I would just look around and see who stocks C16 near you if you plan to race. It really isn't hard to come by depending on your location and would be MUCH easier than changing things over for E85.

Also, to many variables in your ? It depends on many things so you could be anywhere from 400whp - 700whp+ with an Ultra plenum and E85...

Wow! 700hp on E85? So I could do everything with one fuel. Ride around town on 6lbs, fire up the boost controller and up the boost to 15lbs when I am feeling adventurous, or head to the track and run max boost, all on E85. That is appealing since all I would have to do is get a retune and fill up across town for cheap.

Oops! Disregard my last comment since I do not have an inter cooler ATM. Thanks for the info though. I am just trying to figure out a way to run more than 6lbs of boost daily riding.

Wow! 700hp on E85? So I could do everything with one fuel. Ride around town on 6lbs, fire up the boost controller and up the boost to 15lbs when I am feeling adventurous, or head to the track and run max boost, all on E85. That is appealing since all I would have to do is get a retune and fill up across town for cheap.

You can do the same thing with C16, no reason to make a bunch of changes. I didn't look but is your fuel pump, injectors, etc...everything up to the task for E85? Most of the time it's not...

Oops! Disregard my last comment since I do not have an inter cooler ATM. Thanks for the info though. I am just trying to figure out a way to run more than 6lbs of boost daily riding.

You can run more boost now but it's only a matter of time before something breaks if you are really pushing it and high speed/gear pulls. You could get a bad batch of pump gas and that happen now on low boost, you never know.

That's why I run the Ultra plenum and C16... ;)

I can't afford to run on C16 for daily riding :( My fuel system should be good to go up to 400 HP or so on E85 (Bosch 044 pump, 1000cc injectors)

:D Ha! Yep, that's her. The bike runs fine around town at half and quarter throttle even with 1000 cc injectors. I am in the process of fine tuning the bike using logged data and VE Analyze in TunerStudio to regularly update the fuel map. I actually sent the standalone back to Tony at Interface PNP to upgrade with bluetooth transceiver and rebuild the wideband O2 module. When I get it back, I will get back to tuning and I will be able to do that wirelessly with any Android phone or tablet :D

Update on the E85 situation. I was worried that if I got caught out on the road without access to E85 that it might be an issue. Also concerned about different "blends" of E85 depending on the season and whatnot. Found out from my tuner that my concerns are unwarranted since I can install a FFV sensor inline on my fuel line and it will monitor the ethanol content in the fuel as I use it. The TunerStudio software supports a blend map that has full E85 on one end and 93 octane on the other end and will automatically tune the bike to whatever the ethanol content of the fuel is at that particular time. So I can run whatever fuel I want whenever I want without actively changing anything once the map is set up. Of course I will have to keep an eye on boost if running straight 93 octane.

Also found out that Injector Dynamics has their ID1300 injectors with all stainless internals that flow 1340cc's so that may be an option to upgrade my fuel system for max power without intercooling.

Back