Can you identify this spring?

VFRcanada

Registered
I took my bike apart at Christmas to get a bunch of parts painted and powder coated. I got everything back together with just this spring left over. It's about 1/2" long. Does anyone know where it goes?

Here is an itemized list of the parts that were done:
• 2 - rear wheel spacers
• 2 – Frankenstein bolts
• 1 – rear brake plunger bolt
• 2 – stem stand bolts
• 1 – remote idle bracket
• 1 – remote idle bolt
• 4 – banjo bolts
• 1 – rear brake hanger bolt
• 1 – throttle cable guide clip
• 1 – steering stem nut
• 1 – clutch lever
• 1 – clutch bushing
• 2 – rear wheel adjuster blocks
• 1 – Gen Mar riser block
• 2 – Corbin mounts
• 1 – front axle nut
• 2 – foot peg spacers
• 1 – foot peg mounting bolt
• 6 – muffler bolts
• 1 – gear shifter pivot bolt

It must be in something that I removed to get at these parts. I double checked the clutch lever and it has two springs in it already. The spring in the rear brake plunger assembly is there.

spring.jpg

It looks like the small spring that goes in the rear peg bracket. There should be a small ball that goes with it. It puts pressure on the plate so that the rear pegs won't be loose. I hope that helps.

I would say the same. That is the spring from the rear foot pegs there is also a little "be-be" that goes with it. It is used to hold the peg up/down.

it might be the small spring the goes inside the clutch side switch housing. If you flip the housing upside down, over by the fast idle adjustment, there is a screw you can take out and a small plastic peice and one spring is located in there to keep pressure on the fast idle cable. I know that there is one there because it took me three days of searching my garage to find mine after I lost it. And it looked just like that one.:beerchug:

I took my bike apart at Christmas to get a bunch of parts painted and powder coated. I got everything back together with just this spring left over. It's about 1/2" long. Does anyone know where it goes?

Here is an itemized list of the parts that were done:
• 2 - rear wheel spacers
• 2 – Frankenstein bolts
• 1 – rear brake plunger bolt
• 2 – stem stand bolts
• 1 – remote idle bracket
• 1 – remote idle bolt
• 4 – banjo bolts
• 1 – rear brake hanger bolt
• 1 – throttle cable guide clip
• 1 – steering stem nut
• 1 – clutch lever
• 1 – clutch bushing
• 2 – rear wheel adjuster blocks
• 1 – Gen Mar riser block
• 2 – Corbin mounts
• 1 – front axle nut
• 2 – foot peg spacers
• 1 – foot peg mounting bolt
• 6 – muffler bolts
• 1 – gear shifter pivot bolt

It must be in something that I removed to get at these parts. I double checked the clutch lever and it has two springs in it already. The spring in the rear brake plunger assembly is there.

Is your watch still working:whistle: Kidding, good luck.

Ummmmmmmm Maybe check those Rear sets, Could be the spring inside

It's bigger than the spring in the rear sets. They are both still on the bike.

it might be the small spring the goes inside the clutch side switch housing. If you flip the housing upside down, over by the fast idle adjustment, there is a screw you can take out and a small plastic piece and one spring is located in there to keep pressure on the fast idle cable. I know that there is one there because it took me three days of searching my garage to find mine after I lost it. And it looked just like that one.

I had the clutch lever off but didn't have the housing apart. The spring that pushes the clutch lever back if you push it forward is still there. It's smaller than that one. The small spring and ball on the adjuster are still there. It's bigger than that one. Is there more than the two springs in there?

Is your watch still working Kidding, good luck

Watch is digital, no springs. Ha ha

It's bigger than the spring in the rear sets. They are both still on the bike.

I had the clutch lever off but didn't have the housing apart. The spring that pushes the clutch lever back if you push it forward is still there. It's smaller than that one. The small spring and ball on the adjuster are still there. It's bigger than that one. Is there more than the two springs in there?

Watch is digital, no springs. Ha ha

No I think that that is all the springs in the lever. I was talking about the cluster housing. Mine came out because I thought I was unscrewing the right phillips screw to open the cluster and I was not removing the right screw. That is how I found the spring to begin with. You might have an extra or what I like to call "a factory installed spare." If you can not find it and everything still works properly than there is not much you can do. Good luck, I will look on my bike when I get home for good measure.

Rear Set Sprin, make sure you check to see if the ball is still there also that goes in the resr set with the spring.

A dealership mechanic, or parts man may know, but we have more experience here.
Save it and it will give you a hint as time goes on.

Back