Just picked up my new toy.

that's fuggin sweet!! How much... my coin jar is almost full
smile.gif

I now know where Im goin in case of wwIII. Just out of my own wonderment, what does something like that set you back? and yes the MP5 is just total slickness.

Im just a beginer but Im starting out right. I only have a glock 21 but its nice for close range and a defender 1800 12 gauge for the "up close and personal" touch.

How do I go about becoming an American Citizen......I wanna play with toys like that.......have lotsa guns, but none that cool......you guys got all the cool shid!!!

I just woke up- That some crazy shid to look at and read first thing... Yes to home defence weapons.
Busa is my Big Gun...Kinda hard to keep it under my pillow though and then try to aim it..But it's bigger than yours..
laugh.gif

How do I go about becoming an American Citizen......I wanna play with toys like that.......have lotsa guns, but none that cool......you guys got all the cool shid!!!
Pretty Sure you just have to Get a lobotomy, Remove all vestiges of Environmental or social concern, become horribly self interested, buy an SUV that never gets dirty, and marry a woman you don't really like but is kinda Purty.

THEN, you can collect your fat paycheck but only after you sell your soul to a heartless corporation, and spend all of your time at work because you are so deep in debt that you can hardley sleep at night, and you NEED that promotion to middle management so you can make more money....

Then you can buy a pretty Whiz bang shoot em' up toy to make yourself feel tough, when in reality your just plain scared that someone is going to try to steal your shiney new sh!t or beat you up because you have more than they do....
smile.gif

#1 Reason to buy Schweet guns in America??? Honest to god? FUN, plain old, head out to an open range and kill pumpkins kinda fun... Entertainment... Really no other practical use 99% of time....
smile.gif

OK I think I managed to OFFEND just about everyone with this one... Remember I am not slamming my Country, just the a lot of the Jackasses that live in it...
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I must have 4000 rounds of 40 cal in my basement from the last seven years of being issued 300 rounds a quarter.  This should be a fun way to use some of it.  I also have a H&K G3, AR 15 carbine, two AK's (one being a Polytech legend), a M1 Garand (on my mantle), a Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag with Carl Ziess scope (for home defense) and a few shotguns.  Don't have a FN FAL or M-14 yet.  
sad.gif

Trying to buy a H & K UMP now in semi auto.
Uhhh Lazerblade... we SERIOUSLY need to talk!
rock.gif

That is a nice ass toy Lazer
beerchug.gif

All I've got is a Ruger P90DC .45, Ruger M77 .270, and a Remington Model-11 12 Ga. Still enough for home defense and FUN stuff though.
laugh.gif

That is so sweet! Guns are new to me, but I want to buy a couple. If the poop ever hits the fan, like a major environmental catastrophy, or war on our own soil, it will be every man for himself. I wouldn't mind some basic protection.

Where can you go to shoot that thing? Is it allowed in normal shooting ranges?

That is so sweet! Guns are new to me, but I want to buy a couple. If the poop ever hits the fan, like a major environmental catastrophy, or war on our own soil, it will be every man for himself.  I wouldn't mind some basic protection.

Where can you go to shoot that thing? Is it allowed in normal shooting ranges?
In Oregon I don't really know for certain Think.

But seeing as the weapon Lazer just bought is a .40 Cal, you would be able to shoot it at ANY indoor range I would think.

If you have much National Forest, (NOT PARK) there are just some basic rules to follow and you can shoot just about anywhere. This is something I used to do all the time in Colorado and it's much for entertaining and effective I think than a "Stand and Fire" range.

Anyhoo, Yeah Just about any range with a Handgun Caliber weapon.

If you are not really "Into" Guns though I would recommend taking a course first. (Sound Familiar) Or if you have a Buddy you trust, they can teach you the basics. Then KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR HOME DEFENSE...
smile.gif
Seriously, you do not want to be dealing with a Failure to Fire, or a stove pipe under real life stress. So I still recommend a 4" Stainless Revolver in .357Magnum... Shooting .38special ammo to start.

It's an incredibly powerful handgun, using 125 Grain Jacketed Hollowpoint .357 MAG. but you can also shoot ANY .38 Special Ammo, which is cheaper by a little bit. Best part is a revolver is just about fool proof, low maintenance, and relatively inexpensive. Point and shoot, no jams, no feed failures... RUGER GP100 at packing.org

You can leave a Stainless revolver loaded for years and know that when you need it, it will perform...

smile.gif
My "Personal Idea" of a good all around gun collection.

-Couple of revolvers primary for home defense
-An advanced "Automatics" for packing with you.
- 12 Gauge Pump action by Winchester (Stainless Marine) or Remington pump.
-a good quality "Long Gun" "Hunting Rifle or sport rifle" In a common caliber. .308, .223 etc.
- A couple .22 caliber plinkers Small inexpensive but fun to shoot Auto-pistols, great for killing apples or whatever out in the woods.

---Lastly cause I think everyone should have one, a Ruger 10/22 Rifle. Perfect small caliber rifle. Excellent for target practice, and there are all sorts of custom accessories for it, a fun rifle just to shoot.

Ammo isn't cheap, so alot of times you can shoot .22 cal all day for about $20. While your centerfire ammo (everything that isn't Rimfire) is pretty pricey...

Sorry all.... I got carried away...

smile.gif

Oh one more thing regarding a revolver... You can dry fire a Ruger Revolver ALL DAY without hurting it. In fact I kinda recommend it. It's a good way to become comfortable with the weapon and sorta smooth out the action at the same time... (Dry Fire) is pulling the trigger without ANY rounds in the cylinder. Don't do it with other weapons as it is usually bad for them. But with most revolvers, it's pretty harmless...

Lastly the Fireball and Muzzle blast out of a Ruger GP100 in .357mag is really awesome around dusk or at night... HUGE fireball, and big BANG....
smile.gif
Good stuff...

I have an M1A1 Abrams tank in my garden for home defence.

Is that wrong? Should I not have done that?

rev-- have you spent much time overseas? I'm curious about your characterization of that is
smile.gif
?
Unfortunately it seems most of my overseas travel has been less a "vacation" more work and the trips tended to be rather "Insular" if you get my meaning. Not a lot of opportunity to get out and meet and greet the locals. So I will reserve Judgement… on most, though I will say the Saudis Leave a lot to be desired. Mostly everywhere I went I was looked at with hate and or Fear…

However I have traveled a fair bit to the Homeland, visiting Uncles and a Grand Mother.
That was always a rush, and although they (Locals) didn’t seem to give a crap about living in a 500 year old building, I thought it was the cats ass… I freaking Love Wales… Just a beautiful, laid back land with a truly ancient feel to it… Not to mention the Creepiest bit of woods near Aberarth that I will never forget…

----------------BUT------------

I dunno if I could live there full time though. I couldn’t really trade the US for anyplace else… Well maybe Australia but I would have to give up my guns… New Zealand?
rock.gif
Maybe?? I dunno, I bitch a lot, but when it comes to standard of living and quality of life? Nowhere else in the world can offer what I feel America can… Besides, Here if I am sick of Florida (And I am) I can just Un-Ass, and to Washington State…I don’t need a Visa, a passport, hell even an explanation. I can truly do whatever the hell I want, whenever I want…. I mean if the wife agrees anyway….

So while I could slam the snot out of France? It's not from a legitmate NON-Media Hype perspective, Spain, Germany? Etc... Italy was really hot though... Sweated my ass off in Italy...

I do have a simple hand gun, but it is a cheapo. It is a LLamo (I think) .380. It is relatively small and the clip holds 7 or 8 rounds. I just want to upgrade. I am going to take the class for a license to carry, and I want somehing hevy duty at home too.

Back