HI - Point .40 cal anyone own one??????

A hipoint .40 was the first pistol I bought, and is the only pistol I own that has NEVER jammed. This is out of 2 XDs, a sig 220, sig mosquito, Kimber 1911, ruger lcp, keltec p11. I don't carry it, but always throw it in the range bag incase everything else breaks. Best part of all, the thin is a brick. If it ever jams you can use it as a brick.

DetroitBusa said:
A hipoint .40 was the first pistol I bought, and is the only pistol I own that has NEVER jammed. This is out of 2 XDs, a sig 220, sig mosquito, Kimber 1911, ruger lcp, keltec p11. I don't carry it, but always throw it in the range bag incase everything else breaks. Best part of all, the thin is a brick. If it ever jams you can use it as a brick.

+1
All I am saying is for the Value...very dependable.

GsxrBots said:
No prob. Most people think that AR stands for Assault Rifle, and it doesn't.. :beerchug:

In case everyone missed it, the best part of this thread is the fact that Blanca said UNCLE!! I win! I win! :cheerleader:

Now, where's Almostthere's chick with the checkered flag?

+1000 we need to save this thread...Blanca saying Uncle=Priceless..lol

I still Want one of these!

Screen-Shot-2012-06-13-at-9.58.38-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-06-13-at-9.58.38-AM.png

I'm gonna print this out and hang it on the wall..

Wait...

Paging Captain, paging Captain! Can you make me a Laser plaque with Blanca admitting I win?? :please::please::please:

i have my own opinions of hi-point, but for cheap effective reliable home defense its almost impossible to beat a pump shotgun. you can pick up a mossburg 88 or used 870 for little money.

i have my own opinions of hi-point, but for cheap effective reliable home defense its almost impossible to beat a pump shotgun. you can pick up a mossburg 88 or used 870 for little money.

You have your opinions but dont give them?? I think the OP, and me too, would like to know any and all opinions

I have a Highpoint .45, and it's almost identical to the .40.
As you know it's a heavy, bulky, brick. Mine is also just a home defense and a toy(I carry a smaller pistol).
I have zero complaints or issues with mine. With coutless rounds fired it has never jammed or misfired, and it's extremely accurate.
I'm not trying to compare them to anything else, but for as cheap as they are they are excellent guns.
My dad also has a Highpoint 9mm and 2 highpoint 9mm carbines. Same story, dollar for dollar they are hard to beat.

I had a Llama 45 once and the grip safety failed. They repaired the gun free of charge, but turned me off from inexpensive guns. It's mental I know, because high priced guns fail too. The first time my Glock lets me down, I'll be screwed.

I've handled the Hi Points and aside from being big, they seem to be a great value. Enjoy.

I've had mine for 4 years(9mm) and haven't had any problems with it, multiple times at the gun range.

Sent from my busa!

from what ive read a lot of you are experienced shooters but yeah hi point gets a bad rap for being inexpensive-read as cheap- most malfunctions are user error (including not maintaining the firearm properly) or cheap ammo. I know hi point owners that havent had any problems with their pistols. People almost always attribute firearm malfunctions to the firearm and its not always the case. keep it clean and lubed, use good ammo for practice, keep proper ammo for defense (there is a difference) and learn proper shooting techniques (including clearing malfunctions) and most firearms will not let u down.

Ok I have my Ruger .40 cal which stays close by in the house. was looking to put the Hi-Point in another location of the house for easy access if needed. And maybe giving it to my son-in-law as a gift for him to plink with. I talked to several people that have one and never a problem with jamming or not firing. I remember when Taurus first came out they were a cheap gun that everyone had doubts on and it now is a great quality weapon even though it is made from old Beretta machining. I think I will buy it heck it is only $200.00 if all else fails it will make a good wheel choke for my Jeep

I have added a 9mm carbine to my list of things to buy this year. Just built a plinking range in the back yard and it should be a lot of fun to shoot.

I think I will buy it heck it is only $200.00 if all else fails it will make a good wheel choke for my Jeep

or an interesting paper weight LOL...that actually would be cool if you were a CEO or something and had a .45 for a paperweight..."so you want a raise huh" *adjust paperweight* lol.

Back