Sinning with Smith&Wesson! Could. Not. Resist.

Warchild

Banned
Sinning with Smith & Wesson! Could. Not. Resist!

Forgive me, Brothas and Sistas, for I have sinned. :please:

Yea verily, the temptress laid down and spread her evil before me, and I found myself weak and backsliding, for I gave in to the temptations and siren song of Smith & Wesson!!

Could.

Not.

Resist!

I tried to resist. No, really. :whistle: I tried to resist the allure.... but in the end, I could not avert my eyes the hot, sexy lines... :please:

Could.

Not.

Resist!

Taking advantage of the tax-free state of Oregon, I dashed across the state line to a brand new gun store....

And came home with this awesome toy you see below....... Smith & Wesson M&P AR15-22!!!!!!!!!

TheBox.jpg

OOOOOOooooooo..... AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh..... "KICK BRASS!" :bowdown:

KickBrass2.jpg

Ready to rock right out of the box..... hoooooooo, BABY!

FreshOutOfTheBox.jpg

Also scored an el cheapo-but-still decent NcSTAR DB4 Red Dot sight... lot of mixed reviews on this reflex sight since the optics are "hecho en china", but it you get a good one out of the box, it delivers a right fair amount of bang for the buck:

ncstar_db4.jpg

Quick mounting job for photo-op only.... can't wait to sight this bad boy in! :thumbsup:

NcSTAR_mounted.jpg

Going to try to take off work a hour or so early tomorrow, and bring my 15-year-old out to the shooting range with me. This is basically his weapon, pretty much for plinking only.

Range report to follow.... wheeeeeeeeee.....! :laugh:

how much did that set you back... i want one soooooo bad

$459.00.... total. No sales tax. Not too shabby... particularly considering this was the Shooting Industry's 2010 "Rifle of the Year". :thumbsup:

Too, it seems this weapon is constantly sold out around here in SE Washington state... once a shipment of them arrives, there are sold off almost immediately. The Oregon gun store I bought this one at received 5 of these rifles from Smith & Wesson last Tuesday. Mine was the last one they had NIB.... only the floor display is left.

My son and I have actually been firing an identical Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 for a couple weeks now, as the indoor range we are members at has one for rent. Even using iron sights and emptying the 25-round magazine almost as fast as we can pull the trigger, we are routinely landing 1/5" groupings at 50 yards.

The fun factor with this weapon is immense. :beerchug:

Very nice. I've been wanting to pick one of these up. Waiting on a couple more paychecks.

Hope you and your boy have a great time.

$459.00.... total. No sales tax. Not too shabby... particularly considering this was the Shooting Industry's 2010 "Rifle of the Year". :thumbsup:

Too, it seems this weapon is constantly sold out around here in SE Washington state... once a shipment of them arrives, there are sold off almost immediately. The Oregon gun store I bought this one at received 5 of these rifles from Smith & Wesson last Tuesday. Mine was the last one they had NIB.... only the floor display is left.

My son and I have actually been firing an identical Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 for a couple weeks now, as the indoor range we are members at has one for rent. Even using iron sights and emptying the 25-round magazine almost as fast as we can pull the trigger, we are routinely landing 1/5" groupings at 50 yards.

The fun factor with this weapon is immense. :beerchug:

very nice.. im thinking about buying one this winter

A little follow-up to this thread..... this weapon has proven to be massive huge fun! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really like the way I can go through a brick of .22LR rounds and it doesn't break the bank the way 500 round of 5.56 NATO would. This rifle is a hoot in the outdoor .22 Plinking Range we have here locally.

I have slapped a couple more goodies on it, including a forearm grip and 9" bipod.... :bowdown:

AR15-22_bipod.jpg

While many like to poo-poo the NcSTAR Red Dot optics, I must have gotten a rare excellent one, because once I sight in the scope, it still retains zero and remains deadly accurate even when changing reticles.

Here is a target that was set 150 ft away and 125 rounds fired (one 25-round magazine for each of the five diamonds).... pretty decent groupings, I'd say:

50yardsMeasuredFire.jpg

Like I say.... this weapon is a ton 'o fun to shoot, and when you can score bulk ammo (550 rounds of Federal .22LR ammo for $17), it makes life pretty sweet!

:beerchug:

My dad has one of these, and they are a complete Hoot to shoot! We went to a friends farm the other day where about 30-40 of us had gathered to play with guns, shoot trap and skeet, etc. My daughter was showing up most of the adults with a similarly equipped AR-22 on some knock down targets! FOr the price, they are a great gun!

I have a 5.56 m4 that I built, and it spends about 2x amount of the shooting time with a CMMG .22lr conversion bolt in it. I don't care what anyone has to say, the .22lr cartridge is so much fun to shoot.

Back