Just a lil request...

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I know so many times we ask for prayers...prayers for a good year, prayers for a dying or deceased loved one, prayers for a downed fellow.

All these prayers have a request attached to them..."please take care of so-and-so"..."please watch over so-and-so"...

Well, today I'd like to change that...for once.

Recently, my wife and son were invovled in a car accident. An older korean driver (driving a truck) was supposedly driving in the oncoming lane, caused the closest car to swerve.

When the car swerved, the old man decided to swerve the same way. The ended up crunching metal and exchanging plastic and paint.

This in turn caused the car to spin out...right into my wife's car. BOOM. Got swiped on the side...right on the left rear passenger door.

Which, coincidentally, is right next to my son.

So I'm here at work, and I get the call: "Babe...we just got into an accident."

"What?! WHERE?"

"Right in front of the house."

-CLICK-

I fly down to the accident scene...see the traffic getting backed up. Fly by the backed up cars in the emergency lane and hop off the bike. I see the two cars in a pretty bad state. Officer's gettin on my case for flying. I tell him I'm sorry...I was just worried about my son. Still no excuse, but it was my reason nonetheless.

Now I'm about as laid back a person as you're ever gonna find...but when my family is threatened...oh boy.

I'm not proud of it, but I do have a nasty temper that rises to the occasion. Some older acquaintances gave me a nickname that still comes up every now and then..."The Demon".

I guess the officer can see that I'm about two seconds away from tearing someone's heart out from their g*****, m******** a$$....so he says the magic words:

Your son is ok. He's ok...just calm down.

Wow. I musta looked something pretty bad, 'cause when I finally settled down and took a good look at him, his hand was on his holster. That's odd, I think to myself...I wasn't even raising my voice.

I look over to my wife...she's alright. The other officer is taking her statement. She's complaining of neck pains. I ask her if she's alright...she says that she is. I ask her how my son is...she says he's fine. I open the car door, and he's there, chilling in his car seat.

He looks up at me, raises up his hands (his way of saying he wants to be carried). I damn near almost cry. Sh!t...there's a lump in my throat right now.

I pick him up and talk to him. He just smiles at me and puts one hand up...as if to reach out to a star. Looks at me again and smiles...looks around and starts talking (baby talk, of course).

I go over to the wife, give her a hug...ask her again if she's alright. She says she's alright...and she goes on to explain about what happened.

Fast forward to later on that night, I'm at the hospital, in the ER. Preliminary checks are done on the wife and my son. Both of them receive a good bill of health. I'm stuck with a decent ER bill, but WTF cares? My family is safe and sound...and I am humbled. I thank the Lord above for sparing me from a cup that I would not have been able to drink from. Amen...

All this is in line with what I'm going to ask from you folks...

A prayer, if you will...please. Not a prayer asking for anything, but a prayer thanking Him...and praising Him.

That's all. I know I've said my thanks...I know I've prayed my piece. But I still don't think I've done enough. All I'm asking is if you folks could find it in your heart to please thank the Big Man upstairs for looking over my family...for keeping them safe.

I know I don't show her much...and perhaps I'm a little strict with my son...

Without them, though...I don't think I will amount to much. I am nothing without them.

So yeah...if any of you folks would be so kind...I'd really be most appreciative. My thanks....

paul

prayers for sure, brutha Pac- got worried as I started reading, but feel better now.
Know exactly how you feel about the wife n kids-they r it for me too. Dunno how Id react if they were hurt in a car accident, but hopefully that day will never come.

get some rest man, and enjoy the ONLY things in life that matter. Hope you all feel better soon!

Wow dude! I'm soo glad things didn't turn out worse!

You definately have somone looking out for you in your corner
wink.gif

Thats the kind of request that puts a smile on a face and is easily welcomed. Sent.

Wow, really good news that everyone came out fine and that you did not get shot by the LEO!

Anyway, thanks have been sent as requested, PAC!

Someone was watching over them, my thanks have been sent.

I'm glad to hear there was a happy ending here.

You just experienced one of my worst fears Paul
sad.gif
I'm so thankful that your wife and son are okay...just so thankful...

Brought tears to my eyes--especially the part about your little boy raising his arms for you. Thank you, God, for watching over and protecting Paul's wife and child.

Paulie Boy, this shows the kind of person you are, and exactly why someone was watching over you. Thanks to all above!

Now, I think I speak for most here, if not all when I say let us know what you need...

You will notice, I did not say if you need anything....

Shawn

(05 Busa LE @ Jan. 29 2007,06:11) Brought tears to my eyes--especially the part about your little boy raising his arms for you.  Thank you, God, for watching over and protecting Paul's wife and child.
+1 Thank you Lord!

(05 Busa LE @ Jan. 29 2007,06:11) Brought tears to my eyes--especially the part about your little boy raising his arms for you.  Thank you, God, for watching over and protecting Paul's wife and child.
same here thank god.

"My grace is sufficient, my power is made perfect in you weakness" I think that's 2Cor 12:9 If I remember correctly, but it is my favorite. In your time of weakness, God took over and made sure everything was just as he wanted. I believe it also showed you something you hadn't seen in a while or felt. I pray for you and your family and the great protection God provides. To that end I praise God for the "lessons" we learn and the love showed.

Ron

Glad your family was ok.

It is amazing how the love for your kids change the intensity of a situation.

thanks sent...He watches over us even when we're so busy with so many other things
bowdown.gif
i'm glad everyone is ok PAC

Back