So I'll leave it up to y'all. AmI right or wrong?

Hahahahahha! She just called me and told me to tell our daughter 'no' on any sleepover requests for this weekend. Apparently she back talked her and the wife put the kabasch on any plans. I started LMAO and said 'oh so now you need help with the kids?' She started laughing and said 'ok no more bs, are you gonna tell her no?'
I'm like....mmmmm.....:dunno:.....maybe......:whistle:

Hahahahahha! She just called me and told me to tell our daughter 'no' on any sleepover requests for this weekend. Apparently she back talked her and the wife put the kabasch on any plans. I started LMAO and said 'oh so now you need help with the kids?' She started laughing and said 'ok no more bs, are you gonna tell her no?'

You don't have a hair on your arse if you don't tell her she can!! :rofl:

My response would be "Dear, of course I will back you on the sleepover thing, but in the future I would REALLY APPRECIATE your considering my wishes when it comes to raising our Son"....

My response would be "Dear, of course I will back you on the sleepover thing, but in the future I would REALLY APPRECIATE your considering my wishes when it comes to raising our Son"....

Ooooh! Like a backhanded compliment! I like your style sir.. Well played.

Parents gave what I needed not what I wanted, way it should be imo. Kids will ask for some weird stuff just cause someone they know has it or done it. As for having the final word cause that is her son, that has me being realy glad I am single sounds like the first steps alienation.

I just rented a room over at the Breakers and told my daughter to invite ALL her friends for a THREE day 'right back at mommy' party......woooo hooooo :cheerleader:

Your response should have been:
"She is YOUR daughter so you deal with it! When they become OUR kids and WE can parent them TOGETHER let me know!"

Funny how it works. They can backslide you but when they have trouble they always come to the man of the house for discipline and a firm hand for support.

A lot of opinions given here, a lot of differing views. To me the bottom line is the communication between you and your wife. My wife and I have no kids so our big discussions come down to loyalty, respect and money. I agree with those who said that you all need to be a team in raising the kids, and she is trying to have a little battle with you on who the kids like more...

As for your son's hair, I understand he is your son, your prince, but as many have said, it's only hair, and if he likes it, run with it. Yes, use it as a teaching and discipline tool...if he doesn't act right in school and do what he is supposed to do the haircut goes. He is only 5, there are so many more stages that he will go through, so many more things that you and mom will have to deal with. Better to get the team work going in the right direction now than to have the kids try to get the answer they want from the other parent in the future.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but the traditional "man has the last word" just don't cut it....maybe it's ego, insecurity, or ill-perceived senses of self or whatever......The first fight I ever had with my first boyfriend was when he "forbade me" to go somewhere (I can't recall now). Needless to say I dumped him quickly thereafter and fought ferociously when told by anyone they had the last word. You can say it is your macho culture or whatever you want to use to cover insecurities of the male ego. Now, if something is presented to me in a calm, rational way that makes sense, I am all about conceding a point, but the first time I'm told "I'm the man and the matter is settled" the gloves come off and the wrath of the woman scorned card gets played.
This makes me realize how much I love my dogs and being single. I have a TON of admiration for those of you who make marriage work and are happy with hit but it just ain't my cuppa.
Rant over.......thanks ya'll!

Rio

Sorry guys, but the traditional "man has the last word" just don't cut it....maybe it's ego, insecurity, or ill-perceived senses of self or whatever......The first fight I ever had with my first boyfriend was when he "forbade me" to go somewhere (I can't recall now). Needless to say I dumped him quickly thereafter and fought ferociously when told by anyone they had the last word. You can say it is your macho culture or whatever you want to use to cover insecurities of the male ego. Now, if something is presented to me in a calm, rational way that makes sense, I am all about conceding a point, but the first time I'm told "I'm the man and the matter is settled" the gloves come off and the wrath of the woman scorned card gets played.
This makes me realize how much I love my dogs and being single. I have a TON of admiration for those of you who make marriage work and are happy with hit but it just ain't my cuppa.

Rio

You have to remember that 99% of what we guys say on here about their spouses isn't true. We are men, we have to sound like the Alpha, even if we aren't in reality..

But I am. I'll tell that witch to shape up or ship out! :rofl:

You have to remember that 99% of what we guys say on here about their spouses isn't true. We are men, we have to sound like the Alpha, even if we aren't in reality..

But I am. I'll tell that witch to shape up or ship out! :rofl:

LOL IF she'll let you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:
And I realize that 99% thing, and have a lot of really cool guys that are friends and have known some HORRIBLE women who are a disgrace to the gender.

Rio

I applaud you dear sir because coming from a man that feels the exact same way about discussing issues, if my wife did something after I said I don't want it to happen I would blow a gasket and not on the bike.

I say this because let's turn the tables and both of u lost jobs at the exact same time. I bet almost a dime to a dollar the entire family would turn to you and say "what now hunny".

I would be super pissed right now. And I am willing it is more underlying not just the haircut.

PB1

Sorry for my blunt opinion but, just like you, I'm old school. It may sound a bit "machista" but a family can only have one boss. I discuss and come to decisions with my wife in almost all aspects of our 14 years and still going string marriage. Your situation definitely sounds like theirs a slight struggle for power. I understand the cultural differences, I'm Puertorican and my wife's Filipino. We've had it out plenty of times over "small" stuff but as a man I cannot allow myself to ever feel disrespected, over ruled, or ignored in my relationship. Sorry but that ain't happening. When I am no longer in charge, I will no longer be there.

Lol...I so Damn agree...been married 14 yrs too

PB1

I have been called an A-Hole on more than one occasion. When my son was twelve he asked if he could get a mohawk? I told him if he did I would cut it off.
The ex-wife laughed.

I understand your concerns. The ex-wife would tell me that she crapped the kids out, and she could tell them what to do, and she had the final word. I would just look at her. One day I get home from work and the ex is going off on the son. She is hollerin` and`a cussin`. I listen and go take a shower and come out of the bedroom and the ex is still at it. I had enough. I told her to try and be quiet. She had told the boy to do something and he ignored her. I TOLD her to SHUT UP!! I had heard enough. About then I hear the boys room door slam. I go into his room and get into his face. Boy, that is your MOTHER, you will not disrespect her in MY house, in presence, or as long as I am alive. My house, my rules, DO YOU GET ME? He said yes. I told him if this ever came about again, my foot would need to be removed from his ass by a Dr. I told him to go and do what needs to be done. I sat down and he went to his mommy and said I am sorry. The ex would holler and scream at the kids. I did not. I did not need to. My kids and the ex know that what I say, I mean.

My point is, the difference in the two of us is that she would threaten and holler, and not follow through on her threats. I do follow through. When I said I would cut that hair-do off, he knew I would.

I feel for you. Parents not on the same page is a *****.

If my kid were acting up in school, he would not be playing sports, TV, friends coming over, Playstation/X-box, NOT ANY of that crap. I would take it all away from him/her. Get the grades, play sports, or go outside and play.

I was on the kids to do good in school. I started on them when they were very young. It guess worked for me. Daughter graduated Sr. Class Pres, Son graduated Sr. Class V.P. She is going to school to be a Chemical Engineer, son wants to be either an Electrical Engineer, or a Mechanical Engineer. Call me an A-hole, it has been done before.

Rio

"Forbid" doesn't go over very well; I don't think I've ever used that word with my wife. "I would really appreciate it if you didn't, because..." might be a better approach. But in the end, there are consequences. I'd have to feel VERY STRONGLY about something to go there, and I'd have to be ready for the consequences if I did....

idk man.... its a haircut ....i have had a mohawk off and on since i was 15 ( now 26) i know that people look at me different when i have one but i use it as a way to see how shallow and closed minded someone is. i have a mohawk, tattoos, ride motorcycles and fight MMA..... but i also volunteer, rase money for charity, have never been in trouble in my life, and am very respectful.

well, it seems that most on here are readitionialists and all very prim and proper so to speak... from your description of it blanca, "like a bristled dog" and not down to the hardwood on both sides sounds more like a faux hawk than a mohawk to me, maybe a bit much for a 5 year old... but im thinkin its just hair, itll grow back... and if the grad parents hate that... wait till hes 14 or 15 and comes home with an eyebrow, lip, ear or nose ring... or when hes 18 and comes home with some ink... it sounds to me like they would be very against something like that... now myself, im a tattooed and pierced freak and have had my hair green, red, blue, orange, pink, 2 tone white and purple and black with a blue shine, i have no kids and as i dont like kids, i doubt i ever will, but im thinking in this case, its just hair, gotta let it go, and maybe mom and pop are gonna have to learn to deal with it as... well.. the hair is only the beginning.... you also say for the most part he pics his own threads, which you are ok with as he tends to pic stuff that you find as proper.... but what if he was wanting to adopt a more gothic or emo style of dress...... just my 2 cents

My family is a tradition christian family and we are a little old school. I do have the last word on important matter specially finance but the key to it is we are a team and descisions are made together. I can tell you right now who ever said" a woman must have terrible self esteem etc" Is full of bs! Its got nothing to do with esteem. Its called morals and respect! Some where along the road traditional smart families have gone by the wayside (thank you womans Lib). Why do families find it so hard to have respect for each other and be team mates? I just dont get it. I dont understand why woman get their feathers all ruffled and have to try to proove their johnson is bigger then thier mans? Oh well to each his or her own i guess.

Back