Ive turned over a new leaf.

Keep us updated. I've been in this kinda situation before, ish. Can't say EXACTLY, but ish. I posted what happend to me before somewhere, just don't remember where. Good luck and please don't kill anyone I know when you're running from the cops next time!

No point running from them here in Oz anymore...

They basatrds have everything recording, from ther epolice cars, to there voices, to traffic cameras at intersections. If you get away they will just rock up a few hours later on your door step because they have your rego on camera somewhere!!!

no guys thats the whole story sorry if it doesnt add up but like i said i didnt do a wheelie and did not do a burnout but was arrested for wreckless driving and recieved a unsafe start citation as far as the law goes i only know what my lawyer tells me i most likely will stop im not the type to run just pisses me off when i do nothing wrong and get this kind of b.s.

I also found out today that the ride in dallas a couple months ago that a couple hundred bikes or so shut down highway 75 and started doing stunts and spray painting the highway police are arresting everyone that they can get a license plate from through the video cameras around dallas and according to the officer i was speaking to the charges will not stick because they cannot prove who the riders were they are simply trying to teach them a lesson.............kinda retarded and a waste of time if you ask me

Sorry this happened to you Matt, I had a similar situation.
at least you were smart enough to seek legal help.

you may be screwed because the truck would have only left a 1 tire fryer fire unless it had posi-trac or was revving really high.
if you weren't doing all that stuff then fight it, if you were then make a deal (gotta pay to play).

I don't Recommend running, I'm sure you could get away but that's a gamble with very bad odds.

good luck.

running from the cops ends in a fatality crash - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about tx, but up here cops are usually happy/surprised when sportbikes stop for them. Not that I know from experience...

Sue the ever living crap outta that police dept. Time to stick it to a corrupt system.

sport bikes do not stop here in texas thats why whenever one does they usually get off with a warning or a small ticket as for sueing the police department i gotta beat the tickets first if they do not get dismissed or if i dont get proven innocent then it would be point less to try

So what are you going to do the day after you run? Don't you think any police will recognize you?
If you run today and they see you tomorrow they surely can stop you then as well. Or are you just gonna take off everytime you see a cop?

I don't know about tx, but up here cops are usually happy/surprised when sportbikes stop for them. Not that I know from experience...

Same here, that's why I stop. I was fortunate to get let off for lifting the front, even though the cop called bs on "I didn't mean to get on the throttle that hard."

Up here, the police are normally quite reasonable, unless you're doing something extraordinary stupid.

The simple solution would have been to convince the arresting officer to go have a peek at the burnout marks before he got excited about hauling you in. Could have avoided the entire senerio and saved you a pile of cash!

Major revenue enhancement in progress. Cops are being laid off or not replaced. The citys, countys and states are broke so the PD is being instructed to bring in more cash to justify their jobs. In NJ you can buy away your points for $100's of dollars. Just shows it's all about the money nothing else.

Go to court and fight it.

Nothing like hearing the judge say, "Young man you defended yourself very well but I find you guilty".

You have been told by others on this site that you should NEVER stop!! Run if it is appropriate to do so. You decided to stop and wonder why you got a ticket/arrest?? Cops are NOT your friend, they are revenue generators. Oh well, you learned your lesson. Oh and be sure to check your gas tank when you do run, if your low on gas, don't bother, these motors suck up gas at a tremendous rate when run hard. Good Luck!

the only reason i stopped is because as i said before I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG! the officer was not willing to hear anything i had to stay and definately not willing to go look for marks a 1/4 mile back he was interested in arresting me and impounding my bike as run this time and expect not to be noticed next the only thing police can recognize is your bike and gear with a lid on and a jacket there is no valid proof that you were the one running from them its all speculation even with a license plate number all they can prove is that your bike was running from them cant prove it was you in the future if i did nothing wrong i will stop and even if i did something wrong i will still stop............maybe

Back