Ive turned over a new leaf.

mattd428

Registered
Ok so after all the angree comments about running from the police I behaved for quite a while.......not anymore. Thursday night on my way home from work I pulled over for a supposed wheelie. As im pulling up to this stop light a notice 2 police cars sitting at the gas station talking. When the light turns green a truck next to me decided to do a big nasty burnout. about a half mile down the road I notice red and blues in my rear view mirrors. I pull over and was immediatly thrown in hand cuffs and put into a police car. I was finally informed that I was being arrested for doing a burnout at that stop light and leaving the stop light on a wheelie. But as I said the truck next to me did this burnout and i never even got on the bike at all. So after a night in county jail $310 for the impound of my bike $165 to a bail bondsman and $800 to a lawyer I have decided I learned a valuable lesson. Dont stop next time So far this has cost me over $1200 and possibly more once this is all said and done so im sorry if you guys do not agree but there will be no more pulling over. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Were they no tire marks to prove other wise? I would go back and take pictures, that's crazy!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Were they no tire marks to prove other wise? I would go back and take pictures, that's crazy!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
yes there are tire marks from the truck and my lawyer has already taken pictures of them but the officer never read me my rights and he has no video proof his car was facing the opposite direction

Rights advisal only pertains to interviews, not arrest. I'm very sorry if things went the way you said they did.

When proven innocent then take them to court and get reinbursed for your trouble.If there is tire marks on the ground, obviously from a truck then how can they have charged you.

I would sue them bad! How can you not tell the difference from a truck burning out from a bike? And making up a wheelie? Come on!

Definately parts of the story missing 2 cops as you stated saw this but went after you? I dont buy it, and dude your not running from the fat donut eating cop your running from motorola, and motorola is fast!

Never have i heard of anyone being arrested for a wheelie?

Definately parts of the story missing 2 cops as you stated saw this but went after you? I dont buy it, and dude your not running from the fat donut eating cop your running from motorola, and motorola is fast!

Never have i heard of anyone being arrested for a wheelie?
gonna have to agree.:bs:ur story isnt making sense. u stated that u were pulled over for a supposed wheelie yet ur arrested for reckless operation for performing a burnout? how does one perform a burnout while doing a wheelie? performing a wheelie will result in an infraction not an arrest.

running from the police will result in ur DEATH sooner or later. but have at it..... the law of averages are not in ur favor.

u should turn leaf back over to the other side and exercise some common sense.

the judge my lawyer and ever cop in the jail said wreckless driving is not an arrestable offence i know it does not make sense but im no cop or lawyer i can only tell my side of the story and what i was told from this cop but he wrote it as a class b missdameanor which does not exist in the state of texas so i have no idea what the hell the deal is just gotta let my lawyer handle it

the judge my lawyer and ever cop in the jail said wreckless driving is not an arrestable offence i know it does not make sense but im no cop or lawyer i can only tell my side of the story and what i was told from this cop but he wrote it as a class b missdameanor which does not exist in the state of texas so i have no idea what the hell the deal is just gotta let my lawyer handle it
u sure about that? Sec. 545.401. RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $200;
(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30 days; or
(3) both the fine and the confinement.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies to:
(1) a private access way or parking area provided for a client or patron by a business, other than a private residential property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles; and
(2) a highway or other public place.
(d) Notwithstanding Section 542.004, this section applies to a person, a team, or motor vehicles and other equipment engaged in work on a highway surface.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

u sure about that? Sec. 545.401. RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $200;
(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30 days; or
(3) both the fine and the confinement.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies to:
(1) a private access way or parking area provided for a client or patron by a business, other than a private residential property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles; and
(2) a highway or other public place.
(d) Notwithstanding Section 542.004, this section applies to a person, a team, or motor vehicles and other equipment engaged in work on a highway surface.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

hmmmmmm maybe they are wrong

People aren't advising you not to run to not pay a fine, we are advising you not to run so YOU DON"T KILL YOURSELF IN THE PROCESS.

Something does not add up...

Sorry, but please dont kill me when you run that red light to evade the police for whatever alleged thing you were doing. Oh, My wife drives a white X3, please miss her too. Oh, and I almost forgot, my daughter drives a black cobalt, dont hit her either. Thanks.

I wasn't there so I can't say for certain but, as most of these situations go, I say we are getting about a 1/4th of the story and your obviously going to tell the tale of a victim. Reality of life is sometimes you end up a victim of circumstance, however everyone has their day in court if they choose. Most people get upset during a traffic stop and mistake that court date for right here and now.

That all said: I have been caught "red handed" doing many things (on a occasion or two) that were WAY dumber the a burn out and wheelie. Hell one of my best friends tossed my Miata through a 2 lane left turn on US41 and crossed 3 lanes completely sideways, we walked with a warning. Could it have been much, much worse...sure and we knew it! We knew (he) screwed up and we were as calm, patient, and compliant as 2 people could possibly be and were treated just as nicely. Hell we were wrong once, why make it worse right? Maybe that's me being lucky, maybe that's the difference between catching someone on the right/wrong night or not.

I wish you all the luck and hope that if you were wrongly accused you don't end up worse for the wear. Ignoring your obligation to pull over when asked isn't going to improve your life or win you any fans with this group.

Around these parts, lifting the front wheel (even a little bit) is considered reckless driving unless you are participating in a parade. You can and may well be arrested for it here.

Oh, and there's more to this story...

gonna have to agree.:bs:ur story isnt making sense. u stated that u were pulled over for a supposed wheelie yet ur arrested for reckless operation for performing a burnout? how does one perform a burnout while doing a wheelie? performing a wheelie will result in an infraction not an arrest.

running from the police will result in ur DEATH sooner or later. but have at it..... the law of averages are not in ur favor.

u should turn leaf back over to the other side and exercise some common sense.

Oh you most certainly CAN do a burnout up into a wheelie! I have done it MANY at time!

Back