I hate bike tipping ghosts... FML.

Banger

Registered
:banghead:

I decided to take the busa to work tonight... pulled it out of the garage and let it warm up in the driveway like I always do.

Wheeled the garbage can from the front of the house to the rear... come back out and the busa is on it's side laying in my rocks. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think I may have been victim to falling busa syndrome by way of retarded kickstand. Clutch lever snapped, mirror scratched up, left side fairing cracked, FML. If it would have fallen over in the driveway it would have been just fine... but I always pull the bike way to the other side of the driveway so that starting it does not set off my truck alarm.

View attachment 1552971

Did you have the kickstand mod done to that gen 1 >??? I had 2 close calls with mine and went buck wild the grinder afterwards :laugh:

Ghosts h3ll! It was that jealous truck that done kicked her over! You gotta be careful when your lovers get too close to each other!

Boy do I know that feeling...mine tipped over about 3 weeks ago......getting some China fairings to change the look. Sorry man, it hurts I know.:banghead::down:

I keep telling certain blokes I can do this mod on their bikes... I even did the mod to my aftermarket kickstand as piece of mind. The bike sat more straight up with the aftermarket kickstand before I cut a notch. BB hates to be scratched. That's the second thing she told me when I bought her. The first thing was, "get me outta this dealership and open my throttle!"

I've spent the last 12 hours looking at different options on what to do. Being a father of 3... I should just deal with the scratches and say F it. Being the OCD perfectionist I am... I've already looked into ordering new plastics and/or getting it wrapped because I'm pissed about it.

Sorry to see that :banghead: Was gonna tell you to ride it that way, but then I saw the truck :laugh: You definitely want to go OEM from Justin and it would be a good time for a set of chazzos blk/blk shorties :dunno:

look at it this way, it didnt crack any of the cases. Then you would have had oil leaks, more expense and cracked plastics. Still sucks, been there with mine and went with factory replacements. Ebay might offer you some painters or even some replacements but from what I hear you cannot beat Justin's deals :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your induction into the tip over club. Hard to tell how deep the scratches are or where the crack in the plastic is but you might look into having it sanded down and have some custom colors put on.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

That does suck, been there, done that, don't want to remember 'that'.

We have the mirrors in case you want to go with a set of Emgo stockers, or go for the ever-popular GSXR mirrors.

As for levers, you going to go aftermarket or oem replacement?

This is the sidestand mod for those unfamiliar.

busa-stand.jpg

busa-stand.jpg

Back