Got pulled over, again.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I was out for my normal nights ride after not being able to ride since monday, a few parts fell of my bike. Anyway, I had just finished the last of my loser laps around town and stop at the store to pick up something to eat. I left the plaza out the exit I normally dont take, for a reason. The light I have to go through is a sensor light and at 3am, not many other cars to set it off. Ive been stuck there before, but had forgotten until I pulled up. So, i sit for about 2 minutes, then inch forward, look right, left, then right again and make my left hand turn. Once I get 3/4 through my turn I see head lights out of the corner of my eye. The look alot like the lights on a Crown Vic:banghead:
I go up a short block, look in my mirror, and yep, Cop. He hasnt turned his "woop woops" on yet, but I pull over anyway, He's gonna wanna talk to me.... I take my helmet off and look back at him..

"Why'd ya run that light?"

"The sensors never pick up my Bike, Ive been stuck there before"

"Since you pulled over when ya saw me and showed me that respect, Im gonna show you this respect. Plan your route better next time and be safe, Goodnight"

"thank you sir, you too"

So there ya go, pull over before they ask, they like that.:thumbsup:

Glad you both showed some respect for each other! (can you feel the love)
I make my lunchtime runs at 2-3 am and I have to run red lights all the time.
But then that is legal here in Missouri for motorcycles to do.

Yup it almost work every time when you pull over right away, almost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Wisconsin, you may proceed through a red light with caution when you believe the light is sensor controlled, have waited for 45 seconds, and you have yielded to all traffic, pedestrians, and bicycles. Page 9 of the WI DOT motorcycle handbook. People look at you like WTF when you use this rule. I keep a printed copy with me when I ride just in case officer friendly ever stops me. FYI. Glad you didnt get a pink slip!

I guess new york hasnt made a law that bikes are allow to run red lights after 3 minutes? Time to call your congressman!

I have a special helmet

Hey i have one of those too
uploadfromtaptalk1310909090945.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1310909090945.jpg

I am sure Glad Tennessee passed the law that motorcycles may proceed through a red light
if its safe to do so. This was the best law they came up for bikers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Was he taller than the guy that stopped us up on the skyway:poke:

Yep, maybe thats why he was so nice.

Chrisjp- I've spoken with ALOT of our law enforcement officials over the years, practice makes perfect. :lol:

I gotta print out the other states laws about it, " but sir, they can do it, why can't I ?"
Droid via Tapatalk

They have a sensor for the left turn light going into the lot where they have a bike night up here, the city police make a strong presence there so theres no trouble, always hate being the only 1 or 2 bikes trying to make a left, its risk being seen by them or wait till a car pulls up lol.

Havent been caught yet:rofl:

Tin Foil? J/K :rofl:

:rofl:...no actually I have an old Icon (mainframe?), it`s flat black, and my cousin always gave me crap about it being cheap junk because it cost 1/3 of what his did. So I come up with this BS story about it having stealth technology:rofl:.. however it is pretty cheap, and I do need a new one, I dont know what to get, thats one reason I joined the org.(to learn in general)

Edit- that there cap looks as if it may have some good aerodynamic qualities PaLVBusa

Back