Got pulled over tonight

BrianKesler

Registered
I was riding down Moore road here in Lakeland, a road with no driveways, no sidestreets, and nobody else around. Me and the wife were going about 25mph and talking, when i look in the rearview mirror and see this rice-burner Honda come flying up behind us. I told her to hold on and i took off. I got up to around 110 and looked behind and the Honda was long gone. I left off the throttle and about 4 seconds later i see the red and blue lights coming toward me. He pulled over on his side of the road and i pulled off on my side, took off the helment, got off and killed the bike. He asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and i told him i was going kind of fast, but wasnt sure how fast. He said he got me at 76 in a 55. He ran my name and gave me a warning. Turns out, it was one of the 3 cops who live in my neighborhood. Lucky for me!
race.gif
Moral of the story is that there are some cops out there who are decent people, but they have a job to do too.

I had just ridden down that same road on my way to Polk City just a little while before you did, I didn't see any popo though. That road is too rough to do extreme high speeds on. In addition that's a good road to run across a gator. I'd hate to hit one of them at high speed. (not road gator, real gator)
wow.gif

I was riding down Moore road here in Lakeland, a road with no driveways, no sidestreets, and nobody else around. Me and the wife were going about 25mph and talking, when i look in the rearview mirror and see this rice-burner Honda come flying up behind us. I told her to hold on and i took off. I got up to around 110 and looked behind and the Honda was long gone. I left off the throttle and about 4 seconds later i see the red and blue lights coming toward me. He pulled over on his side of the road and i pulled off on my side, took off the helment, got off and killed the bike. He asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and i told him i was going kind of fast, but wasnt sure how fast. He said he got me at 76 in a 55. He ran my name and gave me a warning. Turns out, it was one of the 3 cops who live in my neighborhood. Lucky for me!
race.gif
Moral of the story is that there are some cops out there who are decent people, but they have a job to do too.
I think it's also called passing the attitude test..Nice one

Sounds like the ten point Busa road assement.
1. No driveways, small side streets.
2. No vehicles coming other direction (Could be a LEO).
3. Check the road ahead for potential LEO.
4. CHeck the road behind for potential LEO.
5. Check the Sky for bears in the air
biggrin.gif

6. Last check of the Radar detector.

The Leo was pobibly after the ricer then saw you guys
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

yep, you got lucky. it's a good thing there are not too many risk factors on that street like other cars.

even though you broke the law and he could've still given you the ticket, he knows it's a lonely street with very minimal cars/bikes and cross streets.

i think the main factor is you STOP and was honest about going a little too fast. i know cops don't like to be lie to so good job.

So a Honda is a rice-burner and a Suzuki isn't?

I thought all our "Made-in-Japan" motorcycles were considered rice-burners (especially by the Harley crowd). Am I missing something?

Anyway, being honest to the cop was good idea. Being his neighbor was a GREAT idea!
biggrin.gif

BK,
Glad you had a good encounter. As I mentioned in prior post, most tickets are earned by the recipients attitude.
Just like the brain surgeon who earned his DWI from me Sunday evening after backing into my PD cage
wow.gif
. Sheesh only half a dozen people called about him being all over the road. And he was only 4 times the legal BAC, "c'mon officer, don't be a f*%^$ @#&**^%. I'm just trying to get home" (about 115 miles away).

Yeah, I am thinking if you hit a gator at highspeeds, you will get hurt from hitting the gator AND piss off the gator.

And while you are layinng there are jacked up from the accident, the gator will probably come over and have you for a snack.

Glad I dont live in Florida.

Just food for thought (muah ha ha)

Yeah, I am thinking if you hit a gator at highspeeds, you will get hurt from hitting the gator AND piss off the gator.

And while you are layinng there are jacked up from the accident, the gator will probably come over and have you for a snack.

Hey Ron that's the same thing I was thinking about
laugh.gif

BK,
Glad you had a good encounter. As I mentioned in prior post, most tickets are earned by the recipients attitude.
Just like the brain surgeon who earned his DWI from me Sunday evening after backing into my PD cage
wow.gif
. Sheesh only half a dozen people called about him being all over the road. And he was only 4 times the legal BAC, "c'mon officer, don't be a f*%^$ @#&**^%. I'm just trying to get home" (about 115 miles away).
That would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

I assume he'll be allowed back on the roads by the courts so that he can kill someone next time?

I was riding down Moore road here in Lakeland, a road with no driveways, no sidestreets, and nobody else around.  Me and the wife were going about 25mph and talking, when i look in the rearview mirror and see this rice-burner Honda come flying up behind us.  I told her to hold on and i took off.  I got up to around 110 and looked behind and the Honda was long gone.  I left off the throttle and about 4 seconds later i see the red and blue lights coming toward me.  He pulled over on his side of the road and i pulled off on my side, took off the helment, got off and killed the bike.  He asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and i told him i was going kind of fast, but wasnt sure how fast.  He said he got me at 76 in a 55.  He ran my name and gave me a warning.  Turns out, it was one of the 3 cops who live in my neighborhood.  Lucky for me!  
race.gif
I think it's also called passing the attitude test..Nice one
+1 on that! Good for you Brian...and what's up with the radar? Seems to be a bit off...
laugh.gif

So a Honda is a rice-burner and a Suzuki isn't?

I thought all our "Made-in-Japan" motorcycles were considered rice-burners (especially by the Harley crowd).  Am I missing something?

Anyway, being honest to the cop was good idea.  Being his neighbor was a GREAT idea!
biggrin.gif
I was referring to the cages with the tin can exhausts!

Hey Ron that's the same thing I was thinking about
laugh.gif
After living here in Florida for 17 years, only once have a seen a gator on the road, and he was road kill. I see them all the time in water near the road, and occasionally on the right of way but I've never actually seen one in the road while driving. They actually seem to be very timid (is that the right word?), if you see one and pull off the road near him, he'll usually run away. I'd still hate to run across the one that was in the road while I was going high speed.

Kev

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118230109 -->

Back