Ivans smart tre

Did you ever actually use one, or are you just a keyboard racer? I noticed a big difference after installing mine. No rich condition that you speak of.

he's not the only one, everyone whos anyone will tell you they are worthless. whoever told you the z-bomb would be better with a zfi is just out for your money. but its your money spend it how you see fit. :beerchug:

Well I'm someone. I've been building motors and Working on bikes for years. To each his own. believe what you want.

Yes, way back when, when I didn't know anything about Busas, I bought one. It looks good on paper what it does. And yes first and second gear in the lower Rpms the bike had more grunt, but, I also notice high rpm power wasn't there. After doing research and finding how if was really affecting my power, it's been sitting in my tool box ever since. If they worked that well, why arent they on every drag/race bike? And key board racer? In the 5 years of owning my bike I've gone from a TRE noob, to a 300hp turbo bike that I built in my garage myself.

And no rich condition? So you got a wide band on your bike to log afr, and you've verified with the tre on, and off that it does not run richer. Or you just THINK it's not. Wipe off the inside tip of your muffler. Yeah that nice soft black carbon that you can smear with your finger is un burnt fuel.

Well I'm someone. I've been building motors and Working on bikes for years. To each his own. believe what you want.

You hit the nail on the head. You feel the little extra torque and you think all of that carries through the whole rpm/gear range. But at that point it's a placiba...all in your head..believe what you want.

Hey I got a computer fan, I mean... Electric supercharger I could sell you. You'll instantly get 20% more hp. $50...

You just can belive everything.

actually the TRE does nothing different as far as timing at WOT in gears 1 through 5. It's between idle and 1/2 throttle that there is a notable difference. FYI i do have a wideband O2.

actually the TRE does nothing different as far as timing at WOT in gears 1 through 5. It's between idle and 1/2 throttle that there is a notable difference. FYI i do have a wideband O2.

That's what i thought oonly up to half throttle did it do anything. Im only a noob and never used one only read up on them. Im sorry for starting a heated debate guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

What do you mean it does nothing for timing? It uses the 5th gear timing table! :poke: And you just hit the nail on the head. Idle to half throttle is where you feel the difference. The reason you don't after that is because it's over fueling, and choking power.

That's what i thought oonly up to half throttle did it do anything. Im only a noob and never used one only read up on them. Im sorry for starting a heated debate guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

It's ok man. In theory if the tre did just what it said and advanced ignition only it be fine. But it also uses the fuel table that makes it run fat, and kills power up top.

Someone mentioned a bazzaz fi box, with some add on part which I think controlls ignition. Screw that.

The best thing you can do is go with ecu editor. That way you can ditch the bazzaz/ or power commander, and you can adjust your timing. Ecu flashed kit is like $250 from Greg smith. There's even a video on his site step by step showing you how to set 5th gear timing values from 1-5 through the ecu. You get extremely noticeable gains not just up to half throttle, but the whole power band, and every gear. Then put it on the dyno and have it tuned for your exhaust, and you'll fly past any tre/power commander equipped bike.

What do you mean it does nothing for timing? It uses the 5th gear timing table! :poke: And you just hit the nail on the head. Idle to half throttle is where you feel the difference. The reason you don't after that is because it's over fueling, and choking power.

stock ecu still allows full timing at full throttle. As you shift up through the gears, the amount of throttle needed to access the advance curve decreases, until you make it into 5th gear and then it's gone.

I'd think someone who claims to know as much about TRE's and ECU's would be aware of such things.

let's not forget the main reason for the TRE to be installed is to remove the 186 speed restriction.

Your still wrong. The amount of throttle needed to acress the full timing part of the table doesn't change as you go through the gears. The whole point of a tre is to TRICK the ecu to think that it's in 5th gear. So the bike does not know any difference until it's in 6th.

As stated before, someone said that other reputable people in the know are either agreeing with my posts, or posting that they are junk, and don't waste the money. And again, if they are that great, why don't you see on and serious drag, or road racing bike, a tre listed in they're mods? Because they're junk.

And last I will not respond to you any more. Alls I hear when I read your posts is a big long fart. Your the only one pushing these things when everyone in the know is disagreeing with you. So enjoy your tre, and all the extra "power" you think it's giving you, when in fact it's hurting the power. And rest assured, if you ever lined up with a bike that was done the right way through ecu editor, the only thing you would be looking at is the rear tire of the other bike. I'm done here.

Negative. This is actually my tre that nick is asking about. It was removed because i purchased a Bazzaz Zfi. so now i need to purchase the Zbomb to get the same effect and have it work properly with my Z-fi. It works just like new.

Not trying to trash your sale brother, but IMHO TREs just don't work / work well at all.

We tried these things out on our road race bikes (GXXR's 600, 750 & 1000) and found they do indeed decrease power on the top end. I also tried one on my busa and couldn't tell any noticeable difference in power anywhere. :dunno:

Little quick story. I had a track day customer who had a GSXR1000 K7 just like mine who ask me if I had a TRE on my bike. Nope! He continued to tell me how much more power and how blazing fast it made his bike. Unbelievable I belive was the term he used. After I passed him with relative ease on the front straight I never heard another peep about the TRE thing. Only he was using "Unbelieveable" in a different context. :laugh:

We tried these things out on our road race bikes (GXXR's 600, 750 & 1000) and found they do indeed decrease power on the top end. I also tried one on my busa and couldn't tell any noticeable difference in power anywhere. :dunno:

Little quick story. I had a track day customer who had a GSXR1000 K7 just like mine who ask me if I had a TRE on my bike. Nope! He continued to tell me how much more power and how blazing fast it made his bike. Unbelievable I belive was the term he used. After I passed him with relative ease on the front straight I never heard another peep about the TRE thing. Only he was using "Unbelieveable" in a different context. :laugh:

Alright Tuf, how much did he weigh ? :laugh:

definitely save your money and put $100 towards something better.

TRE's are the greatest example of marketing hype

after sitting back and reading this yesterday i thought i would try for some real life trial testimony on this. i have an 06 busa with a 1397 kit, ported and polished head, two intake cams, full carbon yosh, pc3, k&n, and an ivan's smart tre. i bought the bike busted(trans) and thought i needed to have one so i found one on ebay cheap and put it on. so i had one from the get go for all of my busa riding experience. the bike is scary fast. scary. so i decided today before my romp with my brother(busa dave) that i would remove my ivans and see how much real life difference it made to me.

my report: not a huge but noticeable difference in the bottom end from say 5 to 40% throttle i noticed it lagged slightly. SLIGHTLY from what i am used to. however, on the top end i noticed a slight increase in power. however slight, but very noticeable.
now if anyone can answer this for me. i have a pc3 on the bike now. but i am in need of a true dyno tune on it. so do i go and spring for a dyno tune with the pc3. or go for the bazzaz set up with the wideband add on and tune it myself with the input it gives me. or go with the ecu editor and have it tuned that way? please let me know your input on this as to what you all consider to be the BEST option for me. i want it done right, but i am not gonna trailer this thing halfway across the county to find someone that knows how to use ecu editor. let me know honestly what you all think and if you say ecu editor does anyone know someone good in on near philly that knows how to tune with ecu editor?
thanks in advance for all of your input and sorry for the long post.

ecu editor need a tuner well.................................. Texas???

as for tre's since 1999 they were junk and still are.
how do I know I have proved it over and over
and Busa Dave yes I have been known to build and tune some,,,,,, so what have you built?

Back