Ivans smart tre

nickxxxr

Registered
Found Ivans small Tre on craigslist for 75 dollars. seems to be a good condition. this is worth it to get or should not get it and buy new?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

you can get a brand new one for 110 id offer half that. its used
my .02

I thought new ones were only around 100 dollars thanks

ivan is the guy who invented it. i dont really know the differences between his and a "generic" tre. all they are basicly doing is tricking the bike to add timing in the first 4 gears. i got one off ebay for $25 and it worked as good as my old ivans did.

ivan is the guy who invented it. i dont really know the differences between his and a "generic" tre. all they are basicly doing is tricking the bike to add timing in the first 4 gears. i got one off ebay for $25 and it worked as good as my old ivans did.

$25.00 is a safe bet, but at 75.00 I just as soon get one I know is good.

Don't waste your time with a TRE. what it does is it plugs in between your GPS (gear position sensor) and the ecu. It tricks the ecu to make it that it's in 5th gear, so the ecu uses 5th gear timing, (more advance.) and FUEL tables...

Here's the problem. More timing means more torque, and power in lower gears, and Rpms. Good right? Sure. But as mentioned before I said 5th gear fuel tables too. Well here's the thing, our bikes have a ram air compensation. So in 5th gear the bike is compensating for air that it thinks being rammed in at 70mph. If more air is going in, that means the ecu is adding more fuel to make up for extra air. So at second gear at 25mph the bike thinks it's in 5th, and you pin it wide open. You got the timing advance, but also it's dumping in a lot more fuel then what the motor needs. But since your afr is now too rich, you start KILLING YOUR POWER!!

Sure in first gear right off the line you will feel the difference. But after that your losing power until your up in 5th gear for real. The correct way to go about this is to save your money and get an ecu reflash set up. That way you can change your timing to 5th gear values from 1-5, and still keep the CORRECT FUELING. plus while your at it you can take off your speed limiter, set up a shift lite, air shifter and so on. But bottom line is TRE's are junk!

i saw a 3hp increase on the dyno with my tre vs. non tre. if you have a 4-1, airbox and filter you need the extra fuel anyway i guess.:dontgetit:

First person i heard say this. Interesting. Any one else have an opinion on this? I mean so many of you use it. Should i not get a tre than? How much would an ecu flash cost.
(to what murderedout claims btw)

First person i heard say this. Interesting. Any one else have an opinion on this? I mean so many of you use it. Should i not get a tre than? How much would an ecu flash cost

use the search function, they are worthless.

There's a reason it's being sold :poke: didn't work / doesn't work

Negative. This is actually my tre that nick is asking about. It was removed because i purchased a Bazzaz Zfi. so now i need to purchase the Zbomb to get the same effect and have it work properly with my Z-fi. It works just like new.

Back