Ivan's "Smart" TRE-005.

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
I've finally been opening up my new '05 Busa a bit more and have long wondered about the TRE, particularly the 005. Any of you have it? How has it affected your scoot's performance? Has is diminished or greatly improved it and when going back to the stock application did it screw it up some? Does it really eliminate to top-end RPM/Speed limiter as it claims to do? I know I should post in the technical part of the board but I think I might get a better and quicker response from you guys. I love my 10,000+ investment and I don't wanna fug it up over a $110 part that supposedly takes the Busa to new limits. BTW-I live a part of SoCal that is 3,000 ft elevation called the High Desert if it means anything technically to the Busa+TRE.

Thanks my BROTHERS!!

I run one. Bottom line is it seems to make it less jerky in the lower gears. Haven't wound it out yet but I suspect it does eliminate the speed limiter. (no place to run that fast around here). I also run the PCIIIRusb and think if you get one, you should get the other. Both can be eliminated by getting a PCIIIR which also allows timing adjustments.
Hope this helps. I have now shared as much as I know, for now. I've only had it 6 weeks (1135 miles)

Yes it does eliminate the speed restriction on 01-04 not sure about an 05'. Chances are don't worry about the speed how often are you going to travel at over a true186mph. Using it for smoothing out stumble, many people feel that it does, you can however tune the stumble out.

I live at 5000 ft and just recently tried a TRE. It actually hurt my performance....it gave me a flat spot at around 4-5500 rpm or so...stuttered and stumbled...think it was a little too rich. Either way its not gonna do much at all....you'll be lucky if you notice a diff. On the older Busa's with the 16 bit processors they had more of a stumble right off of idle. The newer ones (03-05) have a 32 bit processor and don't have near the throttle probs. If your Busa is responding smoothly to the throttle with no jerks now I wouldn't put it on. Mine runs like a dream....I just thought it might give a bit more performance.....it didn't. Hope this helps
wink.gif
And its also reported to reduce your fuel mileage abit...

I took my 2005 busa with Ivan's smart TRE to 183mph GPS recorded... So I still don't know if the top speed limiter was removed. (I *think* that it is though... I just couldnt go faster due to "aerodynamic/drag" issues)

I use the TRE for my 04 and it got rid of the stumble you get when you blip the throttle. Most bikes take a blip will but the RPMs would drop lower than idle and it would sometimes stall on me. The TRE has eliminated that issue.
Like others, I haven't been able to run it past a true 186mph.

I have an '01, the SmartTRE should perform the same on the '05. Anyway, if I bought an '05, I'd slap on as one of my first mods. I do a lot of traffic driving and the TRE was an easy solution to make it smoother. I've tried several times taking it off but I always get the jolting on the low end.

Hey Johnnycheese......please let me know when and what......you have made a believer out of me........sounds interesting and besides.......I can always find another purpose for that TRE switch I no longer need.....

Back