Smart tre

davsbusa

Registered
...the $45 smart tre. I searched hi and low, no dice. I read the thread too just can't find it again. I'm not looking to go real fast either just smooth out the low rpm hiccups on the cheap.

What's a tre
The TRE is a device which allows much better throttle response in the first 4 gears on all EFI Suzuki sportbike models including Busas
smile.gif

Suzuki has done is to make a SEPARATE IGNITION MAP FOR EACH GEAR . This has been done for either safety and/or emissions reasons . However , it limits the power and smoothness of your bike in the first 1/2 turn of the throttle in gears 1 through 4 . TRE cancels all this preadjustments and makes the bike go smoother in gears 1 through 4 .

It's a low cost way to bump the timing in 1-4 gear but also adds the same fuel map of 5th gear .

That one I linked and the one Spigga linked are about 100 bucks less than one other on the market .

Owners of stock bikes with stock compression still need a tune IMO. The TEKA with dyno tuning makes sense here for the guy thats never going to cam the engine up , pistons and all that .

An automatic TRE , Yoshimura Stage I cams and a Teka tune will make the bike like they should have come from the factory even with stock exhaust header and slip-on's . With or without a small box mod .

A TEKA tune on a dyno is 190.00 bucks . No parts need purchased vs price of PCII USB and dyno time . Just saying for the milder engine the TEKA works . Lee's Performance and some others use the TEKA for the stock engines .

Opinions on this vary widely .
argue.gif

What's a tre
The TRE is a device which allows much better throttle response in the first 4 gears on all EFI Suzuki sportbike models including Busas
smile.gif

Suzuki has done is to make a SEPARATE IGNITION MAP FOR EACH GEAR . This has been done for either safety and/or emissions reasons . However , it limits the power and smoothness of your bike in the first 1/2 turn of the throttle in gears 1 through 4 . TRE cancels all this preadjustments and makes the bike go smoother in gears 1 through 4 .
uhhhh?
rock.gif
I think he was asking sarcastically. "What's a Tre?" is an inside joke here at Busa.Org

What's a tre
smile.gif

uhhhh?
rock.gif
I think he was asking sarcastically. "What's a Tre?" is an inside joke here at Busa.Org
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
newbie.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

What's a tre
smile.gif

uhhhh?
rock.gif
I feel bad  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Smart TRE for $40 TYD.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRE-for-GSXR-600-GSXR-750-GSX1300R-HAYABUSA-1000_W0QQitemZ4621811455QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1
QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Clicky</a>

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142886566 -->

i have a 2006 busa with Yoshi RS3 bolt-ons and a Power Commander.Wud i have to alter the map, on the power commander if I got the smartTRE?
Thanks in advance,
Reiny

Back