$400 To Spend, What Would You Do?

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
These are the things I will be doing to the Busa in the future. Just want some opinions on what I should do next. And no I can't afford all of it now.

PCIII USD $280.00
Ivan's Smart TRE $110.00
Extreme Graphics Undertail w/Libertek LED's $450.00
HEL Brake Lines (All 4) $200.00
Brock's Pair Block Off Kit $55.00

I can spend slightly more if needed. I'm thinking maybe get the pair block off, PCIII and Ivans TRE. I just need to know were to get a map for my setup or if I can run it with a stock map for awhile. Let me know what you all think. All Suggestions welcome.

nitrous dry shot.. $325. oh, but you dont have the powercommander yet.....

get the powercommander, or a muzzys full exhaust.

stock in Gillette....
cool.gif

actually, I'd go with upgraded brake pads and steel-braided front lines. Don't worry about gettin the rear steel-braided...it'll lock up easy enough on it's own.

PC3USB and a SpeedoHealer ...then start saving for a full exhaust.

In your situation, I would go with the 3 you mentioned. More quantity with the money you want to spend. I would have to say PC3 because its a tough decision if you don't have it yet. I bought it and the TRE before the bike was sent to me. if it were the case for me I would go with Slip ons, or if its worth the $$$ on a full system coupled with pc3 only to get 6hp total.

PC III USB, block off plates and a tank bag. The PC can be run now with the stock map for better throttle responce. You can do the pair valve removal now or when you get your exhaust. Tank bag for your future rides
smile.gif
Then start saving for the exhaust
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118279432 -->

smile.gif

DID ZVM 530 chain ($140), 42 or 43 tooth rear sprocket ($60). For the money, no other mod will bring a bigger smile to your face, you will be amazed at the difference in performance! My R1 and ZX10 buddies can't figure out what the hell I did....spend the rest on good gear. If you're geared up, 4 line ss brakeline kit ($175) next.

moondog was the low end pickup that much better? i am thinking about changing the rear but i also like top end also...hmmm hard decision

These are the things I will be doing to the Busa in the future. Just want some opinions on what I should do next. And no I can't afford all of it now.

PCIII USD $280.00
Ivan's Smart TRE $110.00
Extreme Graphics Undertail w/Libertek LED's $450.00
HEL Brake Lines (All 4) $200.00
Brock's Pair Block Off Kit $55.00

I can spend slightly more if needed. I'm thinking maybe get the pair block off, PCIII and Ivans TRE. I just need to know were to get a map for my setup or if I can run it with a stock map for awhile. Let me know what you all think. All Suggestions welcome.
My opinion here, this is what I would do since ya asked.

1-- Scrap the PC3 unless you are getting an exhaust man. It doesn't affect the bike enough to justify 300 bones in my opinion. It runs good with the stock ECU correct?

2-- 110.00 for a TRE is way too much cash too man. Does it really do the bike any good anyways? How often do you hit 189 MPH? How bad do you need 100% of your throttle in 1st & 2nd gear?

Nice undertail choice, but ICEMANNs led's are less, and are brighter than the liberteks, shoot him a PM, he has many many satisfied customers. ( I bought the liberteks, and wish I would've got ICEMANNs honestly)

Don't waste your cash on rear steel braided brake lines, you lock up the rear easily enough with the stock set up.

Brock pair kit is a good deal!

I'd do this:

1) Exhaust HMF, Akrapovic, BDE Hindle, or Ti Force...
2) Now get your PC3
3) Double bubble windscreen
4) Undertail W/ LEDs
5) Front brake lines & HH pads (galfer is good)

Basically, if you have a stock exhaust, don't bother with the pair block of plates, or PC3.

Also a thought, that I considered is forgetting the exhaust, PC3, and block off plates.
Going with some Yoshimura stage 1 cams. THey are good for 11 HP give or take 1, they cost 600 bones and prolly 3-400 for installation. I had some, they are great man, your bike rides normal down low in the powerband, but when you open her up, that cam stretches its legs real nice.

-Bill

It really depends on what type of riding do you do...

You into twisties? Cruising around town? Quarter mile? Tops speed? Stomping your buddies at roll ons?

The busa is soooo versatile, all you gotta do is tweak it to your delight!

Oh and I would get some riding gear if you don't have any!

Ok I'm done bro! Good luck....

buy the next set of tires, i dunno what i'd do with the other $150.. oh yeah.. i'd buy the oil/filter your gonna need for the next oil change, and figure you got $100 left... i'd probably buy a 16tooth front sprocket.. .. and maybe a magnetic tank bag.

In a word....YES! Again, no other single mod under $500 is going to get you anywhere close to the pucker factor of a 43t on the rear. Or, 16/42. By the gearing calculator, I lost about 9 mph on top end going 42t. 186 to 177, I can live with that. The big difference is in 2nd-4th. Watch first gear!
wow.gif
Best thing....didn't have to mess with mapping, etc.....bolt it on and go. I don't use the speedo so I don't care if it's off but a guy may want to get a speedo healer. I am picking the front end up coming out of the corners now, just a little bit, wonderful feeling, if you're into that stuff. And, two up riding feels so much better. Fayetteville is like living in San Fransisco, built on the side of a hill. With the gearing change, two up starts on a steep hill feel so much better. This single mod made me happy, I'm seriously thinking about shelving any other mods I was going to do...this was what I was looking for....

One other thing, if you change the gearing, better set up or add to your rear tire account...rear tire wear is accelerated. I don't get much more then 2.5k out of a rear. Just the way it is.

Back