$400 To Spend, What Would You Do?

stock in Gillette....
cool.gif
ices_rofl.gif
You're sick PAC, you need SA (Shaver's Anonymous) affiliaton LOL!

Are you most concerned with performance or looks? That's how you decide. Now that performance is of my biggest concern, I would get the pc and use left overs for block off kit and/or sprocket upgrade.

Thanks for all the replies. I should have clarified that I already have Akrapovic bolt-ons and the Puig double bubble. I don't plan on anything else cosmetic except the undertail. The only reason I was thinking the PCIII is now with the bolt-ons, at around 4000 rpm's or so, I can hear some light poping noise from the exhaust. I guess I just need to know if I can do the pair mod and use the pcIII without spending a couple of hundred on dyno tuning right now. How will it run with the PCIII and the pair removed without a custom map? If it's gonna run like sh!t then I'll wait on the pair mod.

Dakkine- are you home already? Lucky dog, I'm still stuck at the damn plant!

Pair mod will probably get rid of the popping in the exhaust. The PC with the correct map will only help as well.

Dakkine- are you home already? Lucky dog, I'm still stuck at the damn plant!

Pair mod will probably get rid of the popping in the exhaust. The PC with the correct map will only help as well.
Yea I'm home. But I've already been to seville (north of DeLand) and back from unloading a trailer. And I helped my friend move yesterday. A whole 26 foot truck packed and unloaded in 8 hours. I'm beat. Anyway, I think you made up my mind for me. I'm going to order the PCIII and block off kit tomm. Thanks all for the input.

Call Johnny Cheese for the PCIII and use HIS map. You wont be dissapointed.

Thanks for all the replies. I should have clarified that I already have Akrapovic bolt-ons and the Puig double bubble. I don't plan on anything else cosmetic except the undertail. The only reason I was thinking the PCIII is now with the bolt-ons, at around 4000 rpm's or so, I can hear some light poping noise from the exhaust. I guess I just need to know if I can do the pair mod and use the pcIII without spending a couple of hundred on dyno tuning right now. How will it run with the PCIII and the pair removed without a custom map? If it's gonna run like sh!t then I'll wait on the pair mod.
The pair valve is all you need to get rid of the popping noise. You don't need a PC for akra bolt ons, my bro has them. If you want to get it and get it tuned then go for it, but I dont even think there is a map for akra bolt ons. Definately look into that.

It'll run just fine without being dyno tuned on the stock map. The pair mod isn't going to affect how the bike runs much at all other than the afterfires/popping will go away. I went throught all this 2 years ago.

If you are going to pay for a custom tune, I would definately get a full exhaust first, no need to tune slip ons at all hardly. You might get 1 more HP, but that is 1 expensive HP. Know what I mean?

-Bill

Back