High speed runs...

I could quite literally be on a gorgeous black ZX-12r tomorrow;  there's one up in Portland, calling out to me like a siren song...

But I'm ever so desperately trying to wait to see what the '05 LE will be.

I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...

Steve
Hmmmm, Yeah.... I could prolly go for one...  But only cause it's black....    Looks like the Japanese finally figured out that not all of us in the sportbike world want to look like Skittle Riding Power Rangers...  

ZX12 Does look pretty nice...

Keep holding out though bro... In 2006, Honda is "RUMORED" to be building a V-5 powered Blackbird, new chassis, New Motor...

I mean if you think about it Honda has ALWAYS hated NOT being the fastest... so by all accounts it is supposed to be a beasty... And it would kind of make sense, they have to recoupe their MotoGP $$$ Somehow. What Better way than mounting a version in their Flagship? We'll see...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100116705 -->

BulletTrain, I'm sorry buddy! It doesn't appear I can make it simple enough for you to understand? Whatever "The Theory" is to you is all that matters and whomever the author is, I'm sure he is a dear friend of yours. Have a great day and if I offended you, my appologies!

I'm all done with this subject but thanks for the entertainment
biggrin.gif
I figured as much... and I feel for your students. Most of them are prolly mindless enough to eat up whatever you say as gospel without question since you no doubt remind them too of your years of experience and your instructor status. Whatever man. Might work in the classroom with a bunch of kids who know nothin' about the subject, but when you post statements on the internet about how everyone but you has it all wrong (The FBI would call that a clue...) you can bet yer tail feathers that you'll be called out on it.

You've made no attempt at "makin' it simple enough" for me unless it's supposed to be as simple as takin' your claimed 30 years of engine buildin' and your status as an instructor in a shop class as proof that your point is accurate by default.

You never posted any facts here. You simply spouted your "credentials" and blew smoke about your title as an instructor and made wise ass comments, basically implyin' I'm just another young idiot that talks better than I listen. For your information I'm not exactly young and I am wide open to learning. It's just that I ain't gonna sit and watch you spew inaccurate facts on this board with the attitude that everyone else is idiots.

Oh, and ummm... (see pic below)

impress_failed.jpg

Quite the hijack we have, though it may be little more than semantic confusion...

Tufbusa - The best way I've heard it explained is that horsepower is a function of torque and time. Would you agree?

In other words, if we applied a 10lb weight to a 1' bar parallel to the ground and attached to a shaft, and no rotational movement occurred, we still have 10lb/ft of torque being applied to the shaft, although no measurable horsepower. As soon as the shaft begins to turn, and work is produced from that shaft, we have measurable horsepower - one horsepower being 33,000ft/lbs of work per minute.

I had always fallen back on the old formula that I learned back in the days of Moses -- Horsepower = torque x rpm / 5252. However, as I learned from my conversation with MikeyD, there is more than one way to measure horsepower produced from an engine so, while I still rely on the old formula to make quick sense of the numbers, I no longer assume the other guy is thinking the same way I'm thinking. Perhaps we're seeing the same thing from different angles...

So, I ask you to give me your thoughts on this - to show me how you're thinking - and explain how you see torque, horsepower and the relationship between them.

Steve

Hmmmm, Yeah.... I could prolly go for one...  But only cause it's black....    Looks like the Japanese finally figured out that not all of us in the sportbike world want to look like Skittle Riding Power Rangers...  

ZX12 Does look pretty nice...

Keep holding out though bro...  In 2006, Honda is "RUMORED" to be building a V-5 powered Blackbird, new chassis, New Motor...

I mean if you think about it Honda has ALWAYS hated NOT being the fastest...  so by all accounts it is supposed to be a beasty...  And it would kind of make sense, they have to recoupe their MotoGP $$$ Somehow.  What Better way than mounting a version in their Flagship?    We'll see...
AAAAHHHH! I'd need medication and counseling, more medication, and a huggy jacket, and more medication, if I had to wait until '06...

Yeah, the BNG really don't do it for me, I really prefer solid colors. That's why I'm holding out hope for the '05 LE - hoping it's a color I can get off on. But, I am heading up to Portland tomorrow to see the '05 12r in the flesh. Curiosity drives me.

And the problem with the SuperHonda as I see it - by the time Honda actually gets around to releasing it, it'll already have been eclipsed by its competition. It does sound fun though...

Steve

i dont know what the big deal is. Kawasaki had it's one year of glory and going to be knocked back down by Suzuki again.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100163133 -->

im tempted to post something about how I cant understand how someone so "smart" lacks the intelligence to stop eating themselves into an early grave.
but that would be rude.

I for one am tired of reading about ZX10's on this haybusa forum

lovely bike though.

im tempted to post something about how I cant understand how someone so "smart" lacks the intelligence to stop eating themselves into an early grave.
but that would be rude.

I for one am tired of reading about ZX10's on this haybusa forum

lovely bike though.
If you don't like the program, change the fuggin' channel. You don't have to read my posts if you don't want to. Simply skip over 'em and move on to somethin' you want to see. As I've said before, there are WAY more members wantin' to know and askin' about my experience on the 10 than there are whiners with 2 fuggin' posts complainin' about it... So, save yerself the heartache and skip my garbage or continue to read it and just suck it up.
wink.gif

...and thanks for the compliment on my bike.
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100187406 -->

All I know is I want to make my two girls my three girls and it may happen this spring.I might even be able to overtake myself on the BUSA with the 10 in the twisties.
rock.gif

my_girls2.jpg

Back