What's a TRE?

FJRider

Registered
I guess that's the running funny question!
biggrin.gif

I know what a TRE is and does. What I don't know is, are they different from manufacturer to manufacturer? And if so, what's my options and/or the best one to get? I saw a thread about the Ivan smart TRE - looks good, but is there a better one out there?

I got mine on eBay from Checkered flag motorsports and it serves its purpose well! The quality of the product's construction is quite nice for the price
wink.gif

Generally they are considered to be a waste of money for the average Busa rider. ..the "smart TRE" is a rip off. If you gotta have one then just buy a basic one off Ebay for $25 or so.

But if your looking to upgrade your bikes performance start with a PC3 , full exhaust and a Dyno tuning.

Generally they are considered to be a waste of money for the average Busa rider. ..the "smart TRE" is a rip off.  
Not all of us live near a dyno, I would be surprised if there is one dyno in my entire state that caters to motorcycles, plus the cost of a PC3+dyno session, so paying roughly a 100 bucks for something that noticably improves my low end torque, keeps my idle the same and also yanks the topend limiter seems bargain *shrugs*

If it works for you, then it's money well spent. For me, I don't like the idea of messin with the ECU just to get the max revs and limiter eliminated from a fuel 5th gear fuel map cloning/ignition. I'd rather take my GPS and get that modified, PC3 and dynotuned and turbo. It's a little more work but the fuel/air mix won't be all outta whack...

If the 5th gear map is good enough for 5th gear, why is it so bad for the lower gears? I am not to worried about JC's response, he slams everyone who even mentions doing something other than his mod by belittling them and trying to make them look stupid instead of showing some tact or actual fact, instead he responds with snide remarksm so with that I hope he does respond.

Some people swear the TRE helps, some don't seem to notice a difference. It could be just the placebo effect.

I don't get to run up to 186 too often, so it doesn't matter to me
laugh.gif

Wow, I didn't mean to start a wild fire!
biggrin.gif
But let me pour gas on the situation. I wasn't considering a TRE to eliminate the limiter, but rather [I heard] the TRE allows for a smoother idle, smoother acceleration, eliminates potential for possible backfiring, (and perhaps holds the cure to a common cold). Any truth to this, or is it bs?
rock.gif

Wow, I didn't mean to start a wild fire!
biggrin.gif
 But let me pour gas on the situation.  I wasn't considering a TRE to eliminate the limiter, but rather [I heard] the TRE allows for a smoother idle, smoother acceleration, eliminates potential for possible backfiring, (and perhaps holds the cure to a common cold).  Any truth to this, or is it bs?  
rock.gif
What it did was cure my smooth throttle response by giving me one hell of an abrupt on/off throttle....and cure my smooth power throughout the rpm range by giving me a big flat spot at 4000 rpm....oh...and it cured my need to try it
laugh.gif
so I guess it is a cure all...just depends what you wanna cure
wink.gif

Shooter...at the sound of the buzzer you will engage targets 1&2 through lower portal A and targets 3&4 through upper portal C....THE RANGE IS GOING HOT!!!...shooter ready?...STANDBY!!!!..BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Back