High speed runs...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I done a couple of high speed runs today on the 10 and came within' 2mph of my highest speed ever achieved on Train. Done a warm up pass to 163 and then on the same straightaway but in the opposite direction I hit 172 mph indicated. That was knockin' on redline in fourth gear. Would have went faster but I was runnin' out of road. Prolly had enough room to get a few more mph out of it but self preservation kicked in and I rolled off instead of shiftin' into fifth.

I also found out (from Ivan @ Ivan's Performance... maker of Ivan's TRE ) that the 10 is NOT limited to 186 mph by the manufacturer. According to him and a couple others the 10's speedo stops risin' at 189 but the speed continues to climb until the rev limiter is hit. No timing retard induced 186 limit like the busa and 12R has... Ivan replied to a thread I started and told me himself that the only thing his TRE was good for on the 10 was driveability. I found that interesting...
wink.gif

That is interesting why they would not limit the bike speed.

The bike sounds very fast. Was the bike stable at those speeds?

Yeah, it was very stable. It's not as smooth a ride at those speeds as the busa was but it's not as harry as you'd think. Only "problem" was a side gust of wind on one of the runs that took me a couple feet across the road before I could get leaned into it. You haven't lived until you've leaned for 1/4 mile or so just to stay STRAIGHT at 160+...
wink.gif

Ya wind gusts are scary enough at "normal" freeways speeds.
Happy to hear are enjoying you new ride.
beerchug.gif

Ya wind gusts are scary enough at "normal" freeways speeds.
Happy to hear are enjoying you new ride.
beerchug.gif
Rode about 7 hours on it today and still no aches or pains other than pumped forearms from lever workin' and throttle twistin', and tired legs from bein' on the pegs all day. In less than one month I've already put over 1/3 as many miles on the 10 as I did Train in over a year. I just love to ride this thing!!!
super.gif

purdy sweeet BT.....
race.gif
nice to hear that you feelin her out like that.... I have not found to many out of the way straights to open Lilith up like that but I have gotten her to 150.....

hey...did you get a second job as a marketing guru for Kawi...
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on the high speed run. I don't have any safe place to speed here
sad.gif
, 120 tops
Why did you ride your busa so little?

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099883133 -->

Good to know that your having a ball with Da Demon
devil.gif
, Do you think you'll ever reach top speed??
race.gif

Cool BT ... glad you're having mad fun on the 10R ... that is very interesting news about no need for the TRE ... now I'm wondering if that also applies to the 12R and maybe the Zuk models for '04 as well ?? Congrats on that 172 indicated ... I'm still stuck at 160 ... I've gotta find a longer straightaway or more 'intestinal fortitude'
smile.gif

sweet....

Just be careful with those cross-breezes, bro. Remember my experiences with those.
wink.gif

Cool BT ... glad you're having mad fun on the 10R ... that is very interesting news about no need for the TRE ... now I'm wondering if that also applies to the 12R and maybe the Zuk models for '04 as well ?? Congrats on that 172 indicated ... I'm still stuck at 160 ... I've gotta find a longer straightaway or more  'intestinal fortitude'
smile.gif
I'm with 'ya, DJ! Hit 160 about this time last year and haven't been back since. Baby J wasn't breathing hard at that point, but my heart was pumping and my eyes were trying to make sure I didn't run up on any popo!

pretty cool, I haven't been to the 160 mark again but I will try to see if I can top it out some day, it is scary reaching those speeds but the experience is quite exhilerating....haha:laugh:

The max top speed of the 10r is supposed to be in the 186mph range, so why would they bother putting a limiter on it? I just ordered a yellowbox for my R1 so I can get some better accuracy from my speedo. Funny how Train has went to a liter bike and I've been itching for the comfort of a Busa.

Yeah, it was very stable. It's not as smooth a ride at those speeds as the busa was but it's not as harry as you'd think. Only "problem" was a side gust of wind on one of the runs that took me a couple feet across the road before I could get leaned into it. You haven't lived until you've leaned for 1/4 mile or so just to stay STRAIGHT at 160+...
wink.gif
BT,, I think I'm moving down to your district
biggrin.gif
interesting info on the TRE, too. hmmmmm who'daa thunk it...

Back