It took me $13.21 to fill up big red

32 mpg city .......36 to 38 highway ! If you don't mind lookin' like a geek  
biggrin.gif
who gives a &hit what I look like...I'm glad I got rid of sequoia and got me a pilot and it still over $50 to fill up...I'm thinkin some smaller...(glad I got me a busa)
I think bush try to get last penny out of...before he go back to Tx...no offence
eyes.gif

Yep!  $3 a gallon in Washington tonight for 91, and it's going to go higher for the weekend!

I just filled the Vette today.
sad.gif
 Glad it gets 25-30 mpg when I behave.
smile.gif
  Good news is it still averages 19-22 when I play.  I started carpooling with a co-worker a few weeks ago.  We alternate who drives.  It's saving gas, and putting less miles on both of our cars. Whe he drives we take his Turbo Legecy. When I drive, it's the Vette!
biggrin.gif

My wife still can't figure out how a 400HP car gets only 10MPG less then a sub-compact car.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144998685 -->

HEY CUFF THATS NOT BAD, MY HEMI P/U COST ME $75.00
TO FILL.  SO 10 BUCKS IN THE BUSA SOUNDS GREAT TO ME ..
I'm with you on that cost me dam near $90 to fill up the truck the other day, this is nuts going to have to buy some small tin can to ride to work in on those ugly days. Don't want to put all those miles on my bike.

why the hell are you guys buying premium?

even my 05DCHS 5.7L runs just fine on 87..... and when i keep my foot out of it...she's getting 20+ on the highway.
and I can pull all the little cars listed in this thread all tied together and not notice they are there.
laugh.gif

I am going to see how it does pulling the 6x12 with two bikes and gear for the bash.....hmmm

yes it hurts a little....but I use a LOT of rental cars for work....so I rarely get to put miles on her.....only 1,700 since late december 05.

Gee, it sounds like *some people* (I ain't pointin' any fingers) shoulda paid more attention to the EPA MPG figures clearly posted on their cars' price tag at the dealership. You know, 10 MPG didn't sound good back in the late 1990s when gas was in the $1.50 range BECAUSE 10 MPG IS WASTEFUL in anything smaller than a semi-truck or bus.

I have a '96 Honda Accord four-door that STILL gets a consistent 33 MPG, and I do a lot of freeway and surface-street driving. Yeah, it's a manual tranny, and it won't win at the dragstrip (it's not a "slow" car like the average dunderling's SUV), but it does everything I need it to do on a daily basis. It trumps the normal use of an SUV any day.

IMHO, people should only be allowed to own pickups and SUVs if they use it for business, period. If you need to move something once in a while, RENT A TRUCK: $20 at UHaul for a Chevy pickup. As far as SUVs and pickups for 4x4ing, cool, use them AT THE PLAYGROUND, not as a daily driver. It's not about "freedom" or "democracy"; if someone has more money, that means s/he gets to have more votes. What it IS about is affluence and waste.

Your 'Busa (or whatever motorcycle you ride) isn't a waste if you use it as a commuting vehicle or as a track bike, and, really, it's a damn fine fuel efficient vehicle. $10-$12 to fill it up is not wasteful of money or fuel (sh*t, you SHOULD BE getting 35 mpg+). You pickup truck or Chevy Tahoe or Hummer H1,2,3 IS wasteful, and, unless you're moving around the scout troop every-damn-day, you're a BIG part of the problem.

Whew. Had to vent. To summarize, SUV- and truck drivers suck. And they can't see sh*t on the road. And they ought to be confined to minivans. And more people should be out on two wheels. And HAH HAH if you have to pay $50 a fill-up, stupids. Da-yah-um!
jump9.gif
Personally, I think the automakers can make SUVS that get higher gas milage. However, the government has to make to playing field level. Meaning that Ford and GM should have all the same advantages as Toyota, Honda, etc. I think when this a more fuel efficient SUV/Truck will be produced.

This is when I fall in love with my 99 Corolla all over again.

30mpg

Need I say more?
wink.gif

The same group that wants to "outlaw" SUVs would love to make us all drive 55mph again, turn in all our guns, and there certainly would't be any 180mph plus motorcycles for sale in their world.

<!--EDIT|gwhunran
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145035262 -->

Yes ! Tell me why EXXON was the Most money Earned leader over Walmart.. In the Fortune 500. This is all a tipical Scam. Cheney still made a Bundle from his outside intrest...Crap don't get me started.. Busa in the Shop DAK needs to make just one trip to town to pick up all the stuff I need.. I know that Gas prices could come down if they didn't have county, State and Federal Tax.. Build the Roads with prison Labor and sales tax, quit wasting Billions on nothing. How about planting full size Palm Trees along the roads. Must cost $1500 per tree..

Didnt we revolt from the brits for all this tax and High prices?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
sad.gif
My exact thoughts. Its sad to say but everything we fought and are fighting against has and will be used against us (Americanz), eventually. It just fuggn crazy how we will go to war and bully other countries, pumping up our young men and women to sacrafice thier lives. Just to turn around and treat our fellow Americans the same from what we had in the past and fighting against today. Ok maybe not as bad, but you get the picture. Dont believe me, just do some research or start paying attention to what in the hell going on!

Homeland Security aint nuttn but a water down version of KGB men, for now !!!!!!

Just my .02

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back