Gas Prices

hah i was excited when i saw 3.43 at the gas pump around by my house? i think floridas just getting screwed more lol i hate this place

Light, sweet crude for November delivery ended the day $8.89 lower at $77.70 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was the lowest settlement price for a front-month crude contract since Sept. 10, 2007.“As long as this financial crisis continues, we could see prices go down into the $60 range,” Lynch said.
Oil has now lost 47 percent of its value since hitting a record $147.27 on July 11 as a deepening credit crisis sparked by the subprime mortgage fiasco wreaks havoc around the globe and drives down energy demand.

At least we are getting some relief at the pump. Expected to drop more. :thumbsup:

2.99 a couple if days ago :thumbsup: Isn't that sick, should be .99 :whistle:

I was just laughing about this! I was showing my age by telling the story of how when I was 16 and my mom wouldn't give me gas money my g/f's and I would be scraping coins together to go buy gas at the local "tick tock" station. It was 98 cents a gallon! We could fill up and get out to Galveston, ride the ferry across then get home and still have gas to get back to school the next morning...LoL!

I was all impressed that it was $3.05 per gallon this morning. I am ready to see it fall below $3 a gallon here in Austin.

I was just laughing about this! I was showing my age by telling the story of how when I was 16 and my mom wouldn't give me gas money my g/f's and I would be scraping coins together to go buy gas at the local "tick tock" station. It was 98 cents a gallon! We could fill up and get out to Galveston, ride the ferry across then get home and still have gas to get back to school the next morning...LoL!

I was all impressed that it was $3.05 per gallon this morning. I am ready to see it fall below $3 a gallon here in Austin.

When me and my G/Fs cruised Pizza Hut it was .40 cents a gallon :poke:

Yes I'm old as dirt :laugh:

I was excited to see $3.75 not so long ago. Ran home grabbed the Waverunners and a extra 5 gal can. Filled my truck both runners and the can. I am pissed that its $3.35 here now. And even $3.09 about a hour from here.

The oil companies along with the housing market have finally pushed people to their limits

everyone is cutting back. you are seeing more people riding motorcycles, I have heard the large motor companies are in deep crap with their large truck sales.

I think the average Amercian consumer has adapted their life styles to consume less and spend less.

In our household we have cut back across the board on everything we can.. I am conifdent that if every American made the cuts our household has the oil compnaies will feel it. and I think they are feeling it.

Like someone above said, the oil companies can drown in their own oil.

And people on wall street? should start jumping out of windows again.

our country in my opinion is in this mess because of poor management by our government and corporate greed.

I deliver home heating fuel its up to.
Price changes all the time.

ieh83n.jpg

Last edited:
Last week in Mobile, Alabama actually saw a line waiting to fill up. The gas was $3.03. Then I came back to Georgia and saw $3.39 and $3.35. i am also ready to see some of the $2.50-2.75 gas. Heard Pensacola had gas for $2.98.

Back